Associate Professor Wei Qi Yan
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext 5107
AUT Tower, WT4.08
No. 2-14 Wakefield Street, Auckland
Department of Computer Science
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
BSc & MSc(Maths), PhD(CEng), Chinese Academy of Sciences(CAS), 2001
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Deputy Director, AUT Center for Robotics & Vision (CeRV) Since 2015
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF: EI and SCI) Since 2014
- Adjunct Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences Since 2013
- Chapter Chair, ACM Multimedia New Zealand Since 2013.
- Board Member, AUT Kedri Since 2012
- Leader, AUT Computing and Cyber Security Group Since 2011
Dr. Wei Qi Yan is an associate professor with the Auckland University of Technology (AUT); his expertise is in digital security, surveillance, privacy and forensics; he is leading the Computing and Cyber Security (CCS) Research Group at AUT. Dr. Yan is the editor-in-chief (EiC) of the International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF); he was an exchange computer scientist between Royal Society of New Zealand (RSNZ) and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China; he is the chair of ACM Multimedia Chapter of New Zealand, a member of the ACM, a senior member of the IEEE, TC members of the IEEE. Dr. Yan is a guest (adjunct) professor with PhD supervision of the State Key Laboratory of Information Security (SKLOIS), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- Program Chair, IEEE AVSS 2018
- TPC Chair, ICIE 2017
- Chair, IWDCF 2017
- Area Chair, IEEE VCIP 2016
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2016
- Chair, IWDCF 2016
- Visiting Professor, National University of Singapore, 2015
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015
- Chair, International Workshop on Video Surveillance, 2015
- Program Chair, IWDCF 2015
- Visiting Professor, University of Auckland, 2014
- General Chair, IWDW 2013
- Exchange Scientist between China and New Zealand, 2013
- PhD in Computer Science
- Master in Computer Science
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Security, Forensics, Surveillance and Privacy
- Graphics, Image and Video, Vision and Multimedia
- Computational Intelligence, Event Computing, Deep Learning
- Visual Cryptography and Its Applications
- Analytics of Visual Cryptography
- Content-Based Visual Cryptography
- Intelligent Surveillance
- Visual Event Computing
- Intelligent Navigation
- Privacy Preservation of Social Media
- Analogy: An AI Approach
- Currency Security
- Deeply Learn Very Deep Learning
Current Research Projects:
- A New Design of Augmented Reality for Anatomical Presentation and Education, Multidisciplinary Computational Anatomy, 2017-2018.
- Homomorphic Encryption Based Visual Secret Sharing, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017-2019.
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Food Safety and Assurance, AgResearch NZ, 2016-2019.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/2), 2015-2016.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/1), 2014-2015.
- Content-Based Authentication of Visual Cryptography, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014-2016.
- Content-Based Visual Cryptography, RSNZ, 2013.
- m-LTE: A Mobile-Based Learning and Teaching Environment, AUT CfLAT Project, 2011.
Supervised Research Students:
Q. Gu, 2017(CSC); P. Li, 2017; A. Singh, 2017 (PhD); Y. Ren, 2017; R. Li, 2017; K. Zheng, 2017; D. Shen, 2017; Q. Meng, 2017; X. Hu, 2017 (PhD); B. Bakhsh, 2017; J. Shen, 2017; J. Lu, 2017; L. Zhou, 2017; Y. Zhang, 2017 (Postdoc); Y. Zhu, 2016; J. Wang, 2016; Y. Zhang, 2016; D. Gu, 2016; Y. Tong, 2015; C. Maimbo, 2014 (PhD); W. Cui, 2014; P. Treum, 2014; G. Wang, 2014; J. Li, 2014; M. Niitsuma, 2013; R. Chandran, 2013; J. Chambers, 2013; E. Wang, 2012.
- X. Wu, J. Weng, W. Yan. (2017) Adopting secret sharing into reversible data hiding in encrypted images. Elsevier Signal Processing. (IF: 3.11)
- J. Yu, M. Sheng, W. Yan. (2017) AndroCon: An Android-based context-aware middleware framework for data Provisioning. Mobiquitous'17. (CORE: A)
- M. Nguyen, H. Tran, H. Le, W. Yan. (2017) A tile-based color picture with hidden QR code for augmented reality and beyond. ACM VRST'17. (CORE: A)
- M. Niitsuma, Y. Tomita, W. Yan, D. Bell. (2017) Towards musicologist-driven mining of handwritten scores. IEEE Intelligent Systems. (IF: 3.978)
- W. Yan (2017) Introduction to Intelligent Surveillance (2nd Edition), Springer. (ISBN: 978-3-319-60227-1)
- W. Yan (2016) Introduction to Intelligent Surveillance (1st Edition), Springer. (ISBN: 978-3-319-28515-3)
- F. Liu and W. Yan. (2015) Visual Cryptography for Image Processing and Security, Springer. (2nd Edition) (ISBN: 978-3-319-23472-4)
- F. Liu and W. Yan. (2014) Visual Cryptography for Image Processing and Security, Springer. (1st Edition) (ISBN: 978-3-319-09643-8)
- H. Feng, H. Ling, F. Zou, W. Yan, M. Sarem, Z. Lu. (2013) A collusion attack optimization framework toward spread-spectrum fingerprinting. Applied Soft Computing, 13(8):3482-3493. (IF: 3.288)
- J. Weir and W. Yan. (2012) Visual cryptography and its applications. Ventus Publishing ApS. UK. (ISBN: 978-87-403-0126-7)
- J. Weir, W. Yan, M. Kankanhalli. (2012) Image hatching for visual cryptography. ACM TOMM, 8(2s). (IF: 2.25)
- H. Feng, H. Ling, F. Zou, W. Yan, Z. Lu. (2012) A collusion attack optimization strategy for digital fingerprinting. ACM TOMM, 8(2s). (IF: 2.25)
- H. Ling, H. Cheng, Q. Ma, F. Zou, W.Yan. (2012) Efficient Image Copy Detection Using Multiscale Fingerprints. IEEE MultiMedia, 19(1): 60-69. (IF: 2.849)
- Others: Google Scholar
Last updated: 19-Sep-2017 10.27am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.