Programme Leader - Construction Management
Phone: +64 9 9219999 ext 6450
Auckland University of Technology
WS Building, Level 3
34 St Paul Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
Links to relevant web pages:
PhD, MSc, BSc, HND, PGCert, GradCertHE
Memberships and Affiliations:
ICIOB, NZIOB, MNIOB, MIMC
Advanced Built Environment
Economics and Finance for Engineers
Construction projects management
Construction supply chain management
Post disaster reconstruction and management
Current Research Projects:
Simulation/modelling of bridge construction work
Evaluation of building appraisal/inspection schemes
Lean Six Sigma within SMEs in the manufacturing sector
Performance differentials in large construction organisations
Risk impacts on variability of elemental cost plans
Transaction costs evaluation in procurement systems
Modelling disaster operations management
Supply chain management in humanitarian logistics operations
- GhaffarianHoseini, A., Tookey, J., GhaffarianHoseini, A., Naismith, N., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). Integrating alternative technologies to improve built environment sustainability in Africa: Nexus of energy and water. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment, 5(3). http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/SASBE-07-2015-0015
- Adafin, J., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Wilkinson, S. (2016). Determining significant risks in the variability between design-stage elemental cost plan and final tender sum. Journal of Management in Engineering, 32(6), 05016016-1-05016016-10. http://ascelibrary.org/doi/10.1061/%28ASCE%29ME.1943-5479.0000448
- Oyewobi, L. O., Windapo, A. O., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Jimoh, R. A. (2016). Relationship between competitive strategy and construction organisation performance: The moderating role of organisational characteristics. Management Decision, 54(9), 2340-2366. http://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/pdfplus/10.1108/MD-01-2016-0040
- Francis, M., Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). Strategies to minimise the effects of delayed payments. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers: Management, Procurement and Law, MPL-D-15-00038, 169(5), 199-207. http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/doi/pdf/10.1680/jmapl.15.00038
- Oyewobi, L. O., Windapo, A. O., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). Environment, competitive strategy, and organizational characteristics: A path analytic model of construction organizations’ performance in South Africa. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences. 33, 213-216. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/cjas.1384/epdf
- Adafin, J., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Wilkinson, S. (2016). Risk impact assessments in project budget development: Architects’ perspectives. Architectural Engineering and Design Management, 12(3), 189-204. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/17452007.2016.1152228
- Rajeh, M., Tookey, J., and Rotimi, J. (2015). Developing a procurement path determination chart SEM-based approach. Construction Management and Economics, 33(11-12), 921-941. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/01446193.2016.1151538
- Rotimi, J. O. B., Lambers, R., & Zaeri, F. (2015). Trust and inter organisational interactions for managing conflicts in blended teams. Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 8(1). Retrieved from http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)LA.1943-4170.0000174
- Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. (2015). The Construction Contracts Act (CCA) and its implications on payment defaults in New Zealand. Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution (ASCE), 8(1). doi:10.1061/(ASCE)LA.1943-4170.0000179
- Rotimi, F. E., Tookey, J. E., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). Home owners and developers relationships: Exploring the cordiality factor. Structural Survey, 33(3), 278-292. doi:10.1108/SS-06-2014-0024
- Rotimi, J. O. B., & Ramanayaka, C. D. D. (2015). Analysis of the influence of a strategy-led planning approach on successful construction project implementation. Construction Economics and Building, 15(2), 13-30. doi:10.5130/AJCEB.v15i2.4282
- Adafin, J., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Wilkinson, S. (2015). Why do the design stage
elemental cost plan and tender sum differ in New Zealand? Journal of Financial Management of Property and Construction, 20(2), 116-131. doi:10.1108/JFMPC-08-2014-0016
- Rotimi, F. E., Tookey, J., & Rotimi, J. O. (2015). Evaluating defect reporting in new residential buildings in New Zealand. Buildings, 5(1), 39-55. doi:10.3390/buildings5010039
- Oyewobi, L. O., Windapo, A. O., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). Measuring strategic performance in construction companies: A proposed integrated model. Journal of Facilities Management, 13(2), 109-132. doi:10.1108/JFM-08-2013-0042
- Oyewobi, L. O., Windapo, A. O., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). An empirical analysis of construction organisations’ competitive strategies and performance. Built Environment Project and Asset Management, 5(4). doi:10.1108/BEPAM-10-2013-0045
- Rajeh, M., Tookey, J., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). Estimating transaction costs in the New Zealand construction procurement: A structural equation modelling methodology. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 22(2), 242-267. doi:10.1108/ECAM-10-2014-0130
- Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. (2015). Mitigating payment problems in the construction industry through analysis of construction payment disputes. The Journal of Legal Affairs and Dispute Resolution in Engineering and Construction, 7(1), A4514005-1-A4514005-8. Retrieved from http://ascelibrary.org/doi/abs/10.1061/(ASCE)LA.1943-4170.0000156
- Rotimi, J. O. B., & Ramanayaka, C. D. D. (2015). Reflective Practice and Technical Rationality in construction project planning. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems, 32(4), 301-315. doi:10.1080/10286608.2015.1092523
- Egbelakin, T., Wilkinson, S., Potangoroa, R., & Rotimi, J. (2015). Stakeholder practices: A challenge to earthquake risk mitigation decisions. International Journal of Strategic Property Management, 19(4), 395-408. doi:10.3846/1648715X.2015.1101029
- Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). Causes of payment problems in the New Zealand construction industry. Construction Economics and Building, 15(1), 43-55. doi:10.5130/ajceb.v15i1.4214
- Zaeri, F., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2014). An ACD diagram developed for simulating a bridge construction operation. International Journal of Construction Supply Chain Management, 4(2), 34-50. doi:10.14424/ijcscm402014-34-50
Chapter in books
- Samasoni, J. C., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). Building control and regulatory balance: Perspectives of building professionals in New Zealand. In The Third Australasia and South-East Asia Structural Engineering and Construction Conference ASEA-SEC-3. Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Samasoni, J., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). Perceptions of regulatory building inspectors and designers on the proposed risk-based inspection regime in New Zealand. In Proceedings of the 32nd Annual ARCOM Conference, ARCOM 2016 (pp. 227-236). Manchester, UK.
- Weerasinghe, A., Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). A simplified model for predicting running costs of office buildings in Sri Lanka. In Proceedings of the 32nd Annual ARCOM conference, ARCOM 2016 (pp. 341-350). Manchester, UK.
- Dananajaya, O., Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2016). A framework to enhance productivity in construction projects involving international professionals and contractors in Sri Lanka. In RICS COBRA Conference. Toronto, Canada.
- Balasundaram, K., Ramachandra, T., & Rotimi, J. O. (2016). Insurance policies applicable to Sri Lankan construction industry: The extent it serves its intended purpose. In RICS COBRA Conference. Toronto, Canada.
- Rotimi, J. O. B., Ramachandra, T., & Windapo, A. (2016). An analysis of Liquidators’ reports for construction companies in New Zealand. In 10th ICEC World Congress 2016. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Rotimi, J. O. B., Rotimi, F. E., & Bustani, S. A. (2016). Review of legislative changes in disasters: New Zealand case study. In International Conference for Building Resilience. Auckland, New Zealand.
- Rotimi, J. O. B., Zaeri, F., Rotimi, F. E., & Owolabi, J. D. (2016). The effectiveness of the Last Planner System In New Zealand construction industry: Towards an empirical justification. In K. Kahkonen, & M. Keinanen (Eds.), Proceedings of the CIB World Building Congress 2016 Vol. 1 (pp. 528-539). Tampere, Finland.
- Adafin, J., Wilkinson, S. J., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Odeyinka, H. A. (2016). Evaluating the budgetary reliability of design stage elemental cost plan in building procurement: A New Zealand study. In 9th cidb Postgraduate Conference (pp. (pp. 60-70). Cape Town, South Africa.
- Adafin, J., Wilkinson, S., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Odeyinka, H. (2016). Methodological approaches to risk assessment during cost plan production. In Joint International Conference 2016. Akure, Nigeria.
- Adafin, J. K., Wilkinson, S., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2015). Accuracy in design stage elemental cost planning: An analysis of New Zealand data. In Environmental Design and Management international Conference (EDMIC).
- Wilkinson, S., Chang-Richards, A., & Rotimi, J. O. B. (2014). Reconstruction following earthquake disasters. In M. Beer, E. Patelli, I. Kougioumtzoglou, & I. S. -K. Au (Eds.), Encyclopaedia of Earthquake Engineering (pp. 1-9). 2014: SpringerReference. doi:10.1007/SpringerReference_383832
- Wilkinson, S., Rotimi, J. O. B., & Mannakkara, S. (2014). Legislation changes following earthquake disasters. M. Beer, E. Patelli, I. Kougioumtzoglou, & I. S. Au (Eds.), (pp. 1-8). 2014: SpringerReference. doi:10.1007/SpringerReference_383835