Do you want to develop and improve your skills for teaching adults in the tertiary sector, higher education or the wider community? The Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching is a widely recognised tertiary teaching qualification that provides a complete strategic skill-set for teaching adults and offers a pathway to postgraduate study in the field.
- Learn to design curricula that promotes flexibility, reflection, open-minded collaboration and critical inquiry in adult learning.
- Improve your own teaching practice, developing richer and deeper learning experiences for adults.
- Increase job satisfaction and confidence in delivering student outcomes.
- Graduates are reflective, professional practitioners who are able to critique their knowledge, skills and values through self and peer review.
- Incorporates the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching study pathway
- Progression opportunity to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education and Master of Education.
- Customised delivery option for Industry Groups.
This programme will appeal to:
- Teachers in higher education, tertiary institutes or Private Training Establishments.
- Those who wish to develop and improve as adult educators in business or industry settings.
- Community and youth workers striving for better learning outcomes for their students.
Programme code: AK3491
Duration: 1 year full time / 3 years part time
Venue: North Shore Campus
Starting dates: 22 July 2013
Structure and content
The Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching provides graduates with the essential foundation knowledge and skills to be effective teachers in the adult, tertiary and higher education environment.
296103 The Inclusive Curriculum
297102 Enhancing Professional Practice Through Research
297108 Teaching Development Contract
297111 Developing Distance and Flexible Learning
297103 Special Topic
296101 Adult Teaching and Learning
296102 Developing Professional Teaching Practice
296101 and 296102 can be completed as part of the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching study pathway.
- Graduates will be prepared to teach and work with adults in tertiary institutions and private training establishments as well as within the wider community, business and industry.
- This qualification is widely recognised by other tertiary education providers (private and public) and employers for industry training purposes. There is no provision in New Zealand for the national registration of adult and tertiary teachers at the present time.
- Career prospects can be further enhanced by continuing on to the Master of Education and Doctoral studies.