Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching
|Enhance your career as an adult educator or industry trainer with the Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching.|
Interested in developing skills for teaching adults in the tertiary sector or the wider community? The Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching (incorporating the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching) is a tertiary teaching qualification for tertiary teachers and a foundation for further study in the field.
- Learn to design curricula that promotes flexibility, reflection, open-minded collaboration and critical inquiry in adult learning.
- Improve your own teaching practice, developing richer and deeper learning experiences for adults.
- Increase job satisfaction and confidence in delivering student outcomes.
- Graduates are reflective, professional practitioners who are able to critique their knowledge, skills and values through self and peer review.
- Incorporates the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching study pathway
- Progression opportunity to the Postgraduate Certificate in Education and Master of Education.
- Customised delivery option for Industry Groups.
This programme will appeal to:
- Teachers in higher education, tertiary institutes or Private Training Establishments.
- Those who wish to develop and improve as adult educators in business or industry settings.
- Community and youth workers striving for better learning outcomes for their students.
Programme code: AK3491
Duration: 1 year full time / 3 years part time
Venue: North Shore Campus
Start dates: 12 January, 2 March, 20 July and 16 November 2016
- Read the regulations for the Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching incorporating the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching
- A bachelors degree or relevant professional qualification equivalent to a bachelors degree.
- English language level (if required): IELTS level 6.5 (academic) overall or higher, with minimum 6.0 in each band.
Structure and content
The Graduate Diploma in Tertiary Teaching provides graduates with the essential foundation knowledge and skills to be effective teachers in the adult, tertiary and higher education environment.
EDTT601 Adult Teaching and Learning
EDTT602 Curriculum Design and Assessment
EDTT603 Treaty of Waitangi in Practice
EDTT701 Enhancing Professional Practice through Research
EDTT702 Special Topic
EDTT703 Teaching Practice in Action
EDTT704 Mobile Learning and Teaching
EDTT601 and EDTT602 can be completed as part of the Certificate in Tertiary Teaching study pathway.
Graduates will be prepared to teach and work with adults in tertiary institutions and private training establishments as well as within the wider community, business and industry.
These qualifications are widely recognised by other tertiary education providers (private and public) and employers for industry training purposes. There is no provision in New Zealand for the national registration of adult and tertiary teachers at the present time.
Last updated: 22-Jun-2015 3.45pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.