Master of Educational Leadership
The AUT Master of Educational Leadership will expand and enhance the knowledge and professional practice of experienced educators and leaders. It will equip students with the skills to critically contribute to the development and research of professional educational practice through enhancing their leadership capabilities.
- Covers a range of educational leadership issues in the early childhood, compulsory and tertiary educational sectors, while allowing you to contextualise your specific areas of interest
- An inclusive approach to issues of cultural diversity
- Offered at the South and North Campus
- Flexible blended format which comprises a mixture of whole day classes and online support and activities. Some papers also include a small number of evening classes.
Programme code: AK1051
Duration: 1.5 years full-time / 4 years part-time
Venue: Flexible mode including North Campus and South Campus
Start date: 20 July 2015 / 29 February 2016 / 18 July 2016
Completed one of the following:
- Relevant bachelor's degree
- Relevant graduate diploma
- Relevant professional qualification or professional experience approved by the Dean (or representative) to be equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
An applicant must have completed the entry requirement with a minimum of a B grade average or higher in papers at level 7 or equivalent. All applicants must have at least three years of relevant professional experience.
Structure and content
The Master of Educational Leadership has a strong focus on in-depth applied professional learning with a research-based pathway and a paper-based pathway. In the research pathway you have the opportunity to investigate in-depth an issue, innovation or problem of your choice.
EDLD901 Conceptualisations of Educational Leadership (compulsory)
EDLD802 Leading in Diverse Cultures and Communities
EDLD803 Reflecting on Professional Practice as an Educational Leader
EDLD804 Organisational Culture and Educational Leadership
EDLD902 Master of Educational Leadership Project (30 points)
EDLD950 Master of Educational Leadership Thesis (90 points)
EDLD960 Master of Educational Leadership Dissertation (60 points)
EDUC801 Learning in a Digital Age
EDUC815 Special Topic in Education 1
EDUC816 Special Topic in Education 2
EDUC824 Educational Futures — Part 1: The Theory
EDUC825 Educational Futures — Part 2: The Practice
EDUC819 Educational Research
If you prefer a 'taster' of study in educational leadership, you should consider the Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Leadership.
Graduates will have enhanced leadership capabilities, thereby having a greater opportunity to undertake or continue leadership roles in:
- Educational organisations
- Early childhood sector
- Compulsory sector
- Tertiary sector
- Government or corporate settings.
Note: this qualification does not provide eligibility for provisional teacher registration.
Last updated: 16-Jul-2015 9.41am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.