Business acumen is invaluable in today’s hospitality industry. The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of International Hospitality Management conjoint programme will equip you with skills and knowledge of both business and international hospitality management, in as little as four years.
As a graduate of the BBus/BIHM conjoint programme you will be prepared for a myriad of career opportunities across a number of different industries. You will develop a solid understanding of the hospitality industry, as well as knowledge of core business disciplines and how they impact on each other.
Quick factsProgramme code
: 4 years full-time/up to 9 years part-time
: City Campus
: 2 March 2015 / 20 July 2015
AUT University encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA:Level 3 with merit, or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required
- Entrance to university does not guarantee admission to a specific programme of study.
- At present, due to limited places, we are only accepting transfers from previous tertiary education study (not direct entry). We recommend that school leavers apply for either base degree, then on successful completion of 120 points with at least a B grade average, apply to transfer to the conjoint programme.
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options — majors
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Sustainable Enterprise
View the Bachelor of Business study options
In the Bachelor of International Hospitality Management, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Event Management
- Food and Beverage
- Human Resource Management
View the Bachelor of International Hospitality Management study options
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/BIHM
- BBus: visit AUT Online and choose Step 5, Course Counselling.
- BIHM: contact Daphne Flett, email@example.com, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 6375
For an application and for enrolment into the BBus/BIHM, contact Jan Shadbolt: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 8635