Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of International Hospitality Management (BBus/BIHM)
Business acumen is invaluable in today’s hospitality industry. The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of International Hospitality Management conjoint programme will equip you with skills and knowledge of both business and international hospitality management, in as little as four years.As a graduate of the BBus/BIHM conjoint programme you will be prepared for a myriad of career opportunities across a number of different industries. You will develop a solid understanding of the hospitality industry, as well as knowledge of core business disciplines and how they impact on each other.
Programme code: AK3004
Level: 7 Points: 510
Duration: 4 years full-time/up to 9 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 29 February 2016 / 18 July 2016
AUT University encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA:Level 3 with merit, or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required.
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options — majors
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights:Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales*
- Sustainable Enterprise
*Subject to approval
In the Bachelor of International Hospitality Management, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Event Management
- Food and Beverage
- Human Resource Management
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/BIHM
- BBus: visit AUT Online and choose Step 5, Course Counselling.
- BIHM: contact Daphne Flett, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 6375
For an application and for enrolment into the BBus/BIHM, contact Pat Stevenson: email@example.com, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 8635.
Last updated: 02-Sep-2015 11.30am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.