Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Health Science (Psychology) (BBus/BHSc(Psychology))
There is no business without a human dimension. Graduates who are trained in the understanding of human psychology as well as business, will be superbly equipped for a range of exciting careers. Career opportunities could include advertising, human resources and employment relations, management and leadership, and sales.
The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science (Psychology) conjoint programme is designed to equip students with skills in business and psychology, in as little as four and a half years. You will develop a sound understanding of core business disciplines and how they impact on each other, as well as knowledge of psychological research and theory.
Programme code: AK3726
Duration: 4 ½ years full-time/up to 9 years part-time
Venue: City Campus and North Campus
Start date: 27 February 2017 / 17 July 2017
AUT encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
Students admitted to the BBus/BHSc must meet Health Practitioners Competence Assurance (HPCA) Act requirements and police clearance
University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA: Level 3 with merit or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required
Note: Entrance to university does not guarantee admission to a specific programme of study.
Continued enrolment to this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options - majors
In the Bachelor of Business, students may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales
- Sustainable Enterprise
In the Bachelor of Health Science, students may only choose to specialise in:
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/BHSc:
- BBus: click on the following link to AUT Online and choose business undergraduate programme information from my organisations
- BHSc in Psychology: contact Dr Jason Landon, email@example.com, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 7894
Last updated: 25-Aug-2016 2.21pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.