AUT Investment Club
AUT Investment Club (AUTIC) invites all finance enthusiasts to join for an interactive semester of learning about finance and investment.
Hear from industry speakers about investing, trading and valuable tips about entering the work force. Gain insights into their career and industry experiences and meet like-minded people.
Enhance your own personal skill set and employability. Take part in competitions that will give you the ability to apply classroom knowledge to practical investment projects, as well as opportunities to stand out to industry professionals.
Get involved in projects the Club offers to give back to your community.
If you are interested in a career as a Financial Analyst, Investment Banker, Fund Manager or similar – this is the club for you. The rewards are worth it!
Club membership - who can join?
Membership is open to AUT business students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level who are interested in investing and are in good standing with the University. No prior knowledge of investment is necessary to join the club.
To join the club please go to www.autic.org/join and submit the registration form.
Cost: Membership fee is $25 per semester for new members, and $15 for returning members.
Meetings: AUTIC meetings are held fortnightly on Tuesday evenings from 5.45 pm. Smart casual dress is required.
To find out more about the club, our schedule of events, key activities, and guest speakers please visit www.autic.org
Please address any queries to email@example.com
To stay up to date with AUTIC information and events, ‘Like’ our facebook page.
Established in 2011, we are a student-run initiative that provides a forum for business students to unite in expanding their investment knowledge. The Club’s emphasis is on gaining experience through the practical application of classroom knowledge and making industry connections to provide a solid foundation for students who are serious about a career in finance.
Sponsors of the AUT Investment Club:
The AUT Finance Department
If you are interested in sponsoring or supporting the club or would like to be a guest speaker or mentor or for any other enquiries, we would love to hear from you.
- To provide students with an interest in investing and trading to interact and learn. This will be achieved through regular meetings, competitions and guest speakers.
- To give students the opportunity to integrate classroom knowledge with practical application. This will be achieved through participation in competitions, industry and company analysis, and current event presentations.
- To provide students with opportunities to make industry connections. This will be achieved by attending guest speaker events from the finance industry. The objective is to invite guest speakers that will be able to both educate students about the industry and also to offer students the opportunity to make industry contacts that may be helpful in obtaining internships and graduate positions.
- To assist students in the development of necessary skills in order to be considered for management of the Investment Club.
Past Speakers from:
- Forsyth Barr
- Mighty River Power
- Craigs Investment Partners
- ANZ, ASB, Westpac, and BNZ
- MARAC Finance
- Macquarie Group
- Global Capital Advisors
- CMC Markets
- Heartland Building Society
- First NZ Capital
- Investment Research Group
Last updated: 28-Jan-2016 10.04am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.