AUT Investment Club
AUT Investment Club (AUTIC) invites all finance enthusiasts to join for an interactive semester of learning about finance and investment.
Hear from industry speakers about the derivatives market, equities and portfolio analysis along with valuable tips about entering the work force. Gain insights into their career and industry experiences and meet like-minded people.
Enhance your own personal skill set and employability. Discover opportunities to network in areas such as INFINZ, who work for the benefit of the broader community of users of the finance and capital markets.
Get involved in projects the Club offers to give back to your community.
If you are interested in a career as a Financial Analyst, Investment Banker, Fund Manager or similar – this is the club for you. The rewards are worth it!
Club membership - who can join?
Membership is open to AUT business students at both undergraduate and postgraduate level who are interested in bridging the gap between tertiary education and industry realism. No prior knowledge of investment is necessary to join the club.
To join the club please go to www.autic.org/join and submit the registration form.
Cost: Membership fee is $25 per semester for members.
Events: AUTIC meetings are held fortnightly on Tuesday evenings from 5.45 pm.
To find out more about the club, our schedule of events, key activities, and guest speakers please visit: www.autic.org
Please address any queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To stay up to date with AUTIC information and events, ‘Like’ our Facebook page.
Established in 2011, we are a student-run initiative that provides a forum for business students to unite in expanding their investment knowledge.
The Club’s emphasis is on gaining experience through the practical application of classroom knowledge and making industry connections to provide a solid foundation for students who are serious about a career in finance.
Sponsors of the AUT Investment Club:
If you are interested in sponsoring or supporting the club or would like to be a guest speaker or mentor or for any other enquiries, we would love to hear from you.
- To provide students with an interest in investing and trading to interact and learn. This will be achieved through regular events, competitions and guest speakers.
- To give students the opportunity to integrate classroom knowledge with practical application. This will be achieved through participation in industry and company analysis, and current event presentations.
- To provide students with opportunities to make industry connections. This will be achieved by attending guest speaker events from the finance industry. The objective is to invite guest speakers that will be able to both educate students about the industry and also to offer students the opportunity to make industry contacts that may be helpful in obtaining internships and graduate positions.
- To assist students in the development of necessary skills in order to be considered for management of the Investment Club.
Past speakers from:
- Forsyth Barr
- Mighty River Power
- Craigs Investment Partners
- ANZ, ASB, Westpac, and BNZ
- MARAC Finance
- Macquarie Group
- Global Capital Advisors
- CMC Markets
- Heartland Building Society
- First NZ Capital
- Investment Research Group
Last updated: 09-Jun-2016 12.25pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.