Your idea. Your business. Start here.
Got a great business idea? Tell us about it and together with the AUT Venture Fund it could become a reality.
Your business idea can be product, service or technology focused, with a domestic and/or international orientation, but must be New Zealand based.
The winners of the 2014 competition were:
Winners and runners up of Division 1
- First Place– Lee Powell – Lifepod – Faculty of Business and Law ($5000)
- Second place –Daniel Maayen, Charlotte Dickson, Andrew Bias, Samuel Blok – Grampa's Shed – Faculty of Design and Creative Technologies ($3000)
- Third place – Albert Kwok – Literacy Board Game, Denarius – Faculty of Business and Law ($1000)
Winner of Division 2
Helgaard Theunissen and Ernst Jordaan – Project – Vermicast – Alumni, Faculty of Business and Law
Timeline for 2015
- Information session: City Campus: Monday 20 April 2015, 12 noon in WF202
- Initial submission: Monday 18 May 2015
- Shortlisted entries notified: Friday 5 June 2015
- Business Plan Development session – (date and venue tbc)
- Business Plans due: noon Friday 21 August 2015
- Finalists notified: Friday 4 September 2015
- Finalists return amended Business Plans: Tuesday 6 October 2015
- Finals judging and Awards function: Thursday 15 October 2015
Last updated: 26-Feb-2015 3.12pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.