Beta Gamma Sigma "the best in business"
Top students in undergraduate and postgraduate business degree programmes will be invited to join this prestigious international honours society
Master of Business (left) and PhD inductees (right) at the 2016 Beta Gamma Sigma ceremony, Thursday 22 September
About Beta Gamma Sigma
- Beta Gamma Sigma was established in the United States in 1913.
- A lifelong commitment to its members’ academic and professional success is defined in the society’s mission, “to encourage and honour academic achievement in the study of business, to foster personal and professional excellence, to advance the values of the Society, and to serve its lifelong members”.
- Only business schools accredited by AACSB International (a distinction held by just 5% of business schools worldwide) are invited to establish a Beta Gamma Sigma chapter. The AUT Business School gained AACSB accreditation in 2011 and launched a Beta Gamma Sigma chapter in 2012.
- For more information see the Beta Gamma Sigma homepage.
- Annually, eligible students from the prior year's Summer graduation and the current year's Winter graduation, will be sent an invitation to join the society and attend an induction ceremony and celebration hosted by the AUT Business School Dean.
- Those eligible for membership are graduates who:
- Are in the top 10% (but with a grade average not below A-) of the Bachelor of Business or a BBus conjoint degree.
- Have a grade average of A-, A or A+ (First class honours or distinction) in a business master's programme.
- Have completed a PhD in a business-related field.
- A joining fee of USD $75.00 gives you lifetime membership. PhD graduates can join for free.
- Please contact Yvonne Hamilton, Executive Assistant, (phone 09 921 9999 ext 5777), if you have any questions about Beta Gamma Sigma membership.
Last updated: 05-Oct-2016 2.26pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.