Gender & Diversity Research Group
Interdisciplinary perspectives on equality and diversity: an international journal
A new open access journal for interdisciplinary research relating to gender and diversity issues.
More about Interdisciplinary Perspectives
We build innovative quality research and lead discussions addressing gender and diversity issues within the community, at a national and international level. The Gender and Diversity Research Group was formed in 2007 with the aim of establishing a network of researchers within (and beyond) AUT University who share an interest in gender and diversity.
We initiate socially relevant research and engage in high quality consultancy and research for organisations. We bring together a range of interdisciplinary researchers to investigate and support research in the following areas:
Our research projects
- Significance of the body in the workplace
- Gender equity in organisations
- Analysis of heteronormativity in organisational cultures and practices
- Workplace access issues
- Effects of the intersections of identities including ethnicity, migration experiences, religion, gender and class in the workplace
- Exploration and impact of men and masculinities in specific settings, such as sport
- Mapping workforce inequality for youth and those classified as older workers
- How diverse worldviews inform methodologies
- New ways of thinking about careers.
Our members are available to supervise postgraduate students and we aim to encourage student research into related topics.
Scholarship recipients for 2016
- Nilam Baniya Badu
- Kakala Vainikolo
The group holds regular events to highlight gender and diversity research at AUT and internationally.
Upcoming and recent events
Contact a Leadership team member
Last updated: 10-Mar-2017 2.51pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.