Dr Hardjo Koerniadi
Senior Lecturer, Paper coordinator of Entrepreneurial and Small Business Finance paper
Phone: + 64 9 921 9999 ext 5042
- Doctor of Finance
- Master of Management Studies (Hons)
- Bachelor of Economics
Memberships and Affiliations:
Editorial Board: Associate Editor of International Review of Business Research
Teaching Areas:Teaching responsibility: BBus (Finance)
Entrepreneurial and Small Business Finance
Banking and Financial Institutions
Business Information Management
Fundamental of Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
Current Research Projects:
- Koerniadi, H., Krishnamurti, C., Lau, S.T., Tourani-Rad, A., & Yang, T. (2015). Corporate governance and seasoned equity offerings: Offer methods and flotation costs. Journal of Multinational Financial Management 30, 110-127.
- Koerniadi, H., Krishnamurti, C., & Tourani-Rad, A. (2015). Cross border mergers and acquisitions and default risk. International Review of Financial Analysis, forthcoming. DOI: 10.1016/j.irfa.2015.08.009.
- Koerniadi, H., Krishnamurti, C., Tourani-Rad, A. (2015). Natural disasters: Blessings in disguise? Singapore Economic Review. Forthcoming.
- Koerniadi, H., Krishnamurti, C., and Tourani-Rad, A., (2014). Corporate governance and risk taking in New Zealand. Australian Journal of Management 39(2), 227-245.
- Koerniadi, H., Krishnamurti, C., and Tourani-Rad, A., (2014). Corporate governance and the variability of stock returns. International Journal of Managerial Finance 10(4).
- Koerniadi, H., and Tourani-Rad, A., (2014). Corporate governance, financing patterns and the cost of capital. International Journal of Economics and Business Research 8(3), 324-339.
- Koerniadi, H. (2013). Impact of corporate governance on financial practices of New Zealand companies. Applied Finance Letters 2(2), 12-17.
- Koerniadi, H., and Tourani-Rad, A., (2012). Does board independence matter? Evidence from New Zealand. Australasian Accounting Business and Finance Journal 6(2), 3-18.
- Koerniadi, H., and Tourani-Rad, A. (2011). The role of accruals as a signal in earnings and dividend announcements: NZ evidence. Journal of Applied Accounting Research 12(2), 108-122.
- Koerniadi, H. (2009). Accruals: Signalling or misleading? Evidence from New Zealand. VDM Verlag.
- Koerniadi, H., and Tourani-Rad, A. (2008). Earnings management and the market performance of dividend issuing firms: NZ evidence. Accounting Research Journal 21(1), 4-15.
- Koerniadi, H., and Tourani Rad, A. (2007) Accrual or cash flow anomaly? Evidence from New Zealand. Accounting Research Journal 20(1), 21-36.
- Koerniadi, H., Liu, M.-H., and Tourani-Rad, A. (2007) Share repurchases in New Zealand, In M. Hirschey, K. John & A.K. Makhija (eds) Issues in Corporate Governance and Finance, 481-498, United Kingdom: Elsevier JAI.
Awards:2009 Highly Commended Award Winner at the Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence
2008 AUT Faculty of Business and Law Emerging Researcher Award
2007 AUT Faculty of Business and Law First Publication Award
2005 New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) in Commerce/Business
Last updated: 11-Aug-2015 2.16pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.