Dr Kate Jones
Lecturer, Marketing, Advertising, Retailing and Sales
Phone: + 64 9 921 9999 ext 5036
- PhD (Marketing)
- Master of Arts (Psychology)
- Post-Graduate Diploma Business (Marketing)
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Marketing Management – Professional Masters Program
- Integrated Marketing Communications - Bachelor of Business
- Children’s interactions with brands using social media
- Children and digital technology
- Children interacting with brands in emerging markets
- Social media and brand information
- Social media and consumer influence
Research Summary:Combining her postgraduate studies in psychology and marketing, Dr. Kate Jones is interested in how children use social media to interact with consumer brands. Kate wants to know about the interaction processes shaping children’s brand relationships, and what role their social media use plays in such processes.
Current Research Projects:
- Brand-made Children in New Zealand: An Interactionist Perspective on Children’s Use of Social Media for Interacting with Consumer Brands. PhD; 2015.
Awards:Business & Law School Faculty Teaching Award 2010 and 2014
Last updated: 10-Jul-2015 8.27am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.