Lecturer, Centre for Business Interdisciplinary Studies
Phone: + 64 9 921 9999 ext 5746
- Masters in professional Business Studies (Honours First Class)
- Certificate in Tertiary Teaching
- Chartered Accountant (CA – Public Practice Certificate)
- Member of New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants (NZICA)
Gerard Hulst is a Lecturer in the Centre for Business Interdisciplinary Studies (CBIS) in the Faculty of Business and Law. He has many years of accounting experience in public practice specialising in business planning and corporate failure (receiverships and liquidation)
Gerard has held special responsibilities as paper leader for Business Development Project paper (Bachelor of Business). This paper was a compulsory capstone paper for the BBus and an NZICA requirement. He brings practical skills and knowledge from the corporate world to the classroom.
Gerard is a marker for the Young Enterprise Scheme project run through secondary schools.
- CBIS – EOB – Professional Practice
- CBIS – EOB – Accounting
- CBIS – BIM – Finance
- CBIS – Co-operative Education – Workshop Supervisor and Academic Supervisor
Current Research Projects:
What effect formative assessments have on summative results.
Allison, G., Fraser, A., Free, A., Hulst, G., Taylor-Smith, R., & Theodorou, E. (Eds.). (2011). Environment of business: An interdisciplinary text for first year business students. Auckland, New Zealand: Pearson Custom for AUT University, Faculty of Business and Law.
AUSM Lecturer of the year (2010) finalist for CBIS.