Significant research achievements
- Dr Ann-Marie Kennedy (Marketing, Advertising, Retailing and Sales) has won the Charles C Slater Award for her paper in the Journal of Macromarketing.
Management Department research achievements
Congratulations to the following colleagues for their research achievements in the last 3 months:
Professor Trish Corner:
- Pavlovich, K. & Corner, P. 2013. Conscious enterprise emergence: Shared value creation through expanded conscious awareness. Journal of Business Ethics (JoBE is an A on the ABDC list and is on the Financial Times list of top 45 journals in management).
Associate Professor Keith Macky:
- Keith Macky and Marie Wilson (2013). Rewards, Remuneration and Performance: A Strategic Approach. CCH New Zealand.
- Together with Tim Bentley, Erling Rasmussen and Stephen Teo: received funding from the TEU for a project titled ‘State of the tertiary education sector: a staff perspective’.
Associate Professor Simon Mowatt:
- Simon Mowatt & Howard Cox, " Machinations in Fleet Street: Roy Thomson, Cecil King, and the creation of a magazine monopoly", to be presented at the Association of Business Historians Conference, June 28-29 UK.
Associate Professor Edwina Pio:
- Awarded the Fulbright New Zealand Travel Award for travel to the USA during the period 8-23 August to make a presentation at the inaugural Teaching and Learning conference at the Academy of Management Florida and then to visit Boston College for discussions on postgraduate programs and research.
- Research grant from the Office of Ethnic Affairs for the project: Religious diversity at workplaces in New Zealand: An employer and employee perspective.
- Conference: Ethnic People's Advisory Panel, Auckland City Council, Migrant Oomph and (Comm)unity. Workshop for Is Auckland Racist? 27 April, 2013.
- Conference: EthnicA, Office of Ethnic Affairs, The Elephant in the Room. Panel speaker for Ethnic diversity and leadership, Auckland, 20 April 2013.
- Pio, E. and Essers, C. (2013). Professional Migrant women decentering Otherness: A Transnational Perspective. British Journal of Management (accepted - in press, 'A' ranked) (ISSN 1467-8551) http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-8551.12003/abstract.
- Pio, E. and Syed, J. (2013). Our bodies, our minds, our men: Working South Asian women. Special issue on South Asian women. Gender in Management (accepted -in press) (ISSN 1754-2413).
- Syed, J., and Pio, E. (2013). Rediscovering "Anekta mein ekta" or "kasrat mein wahdat": South Asian management through unity in diversity. Special issue on South Asian Management. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (accepted -in press) (ISSN 2040-7149).
- Kilpatrick, R., and Pio, E. (2013). I want to touch the sky: How an enterprise challenges stigma among sex-workers. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (accepted -in press) (ISSN 2040-7149).
- Pio, E. and Achtenhagen, L. (2013). Teaching Ethnic Minority Entrepreneurship through Parables. International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, 18 (2), 154-172 (ISSN 1741-8054).
Professor Erling Rasmussen:
- North, N., Leung, W., Ashton, T., Rasmussen, E., Hughes, F. and Finlayson, M. (2013). Nurse turnover in New Zealand: costs and relationships with staffing practises and patient outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, 21: 419–428 [2011 JIF=1.181].
Dr Katherine Ravenswood:
- Ravenswood, K. (2013). Small to Medium Size Enterprises – What Do their HRM and ER look like?. In J. Parker, & J. Arrowsmith (Eds.), The Big Issues in Employment: HR Management and Employment Relations in NZ (pp. 95-110). Auckland, New Zealand: CCH New Zealand. Retrieved from https://www.cch.co.nz/nz/onlinestore/ProductDetails.aspx?PageTitle=The-Big-Issues-in-Employment--HR-Management-and-Employment-Relations-in-NZ&ProductID=10363#Feature
- Cook, J, Earle, V., C. Ward, (Accepted) Tutoring for student employability using a coaching/mentoring approach: a collaborative action research study, 14th International HRD Conference 2013,HRD in Turbulent Seas - Continued Global Economic Uncertainty: Challenges and Opportunities,5th to 7th June 2013, Brighton Business School, University of Brighton, UK.
- Ward, C., Tosey, P,Cairns-Lee, H, (Accepted) A strange route to get here: Metaphors of leadership and leadership development, 14th International HRD Conference 2013, in Turbulent Seas – Continued Global Economic Uncertainty: Challenges and Opportunities,5th to 7th June 2013, Brighton Business School, University of Brighton, UK.
Professor Stephen Teo:
- Newton, C.J., Teo, S.T.T., Pick, D., Yeung, M. & Salamanson, Y. (forthcoming). ‘Change practices and job outcomes: The impact of subjective fit in public sector health care organizations’. Journal of Advanced Nursing [ERA A*, 2011 JIF=1.477].
- Teo, S.T.T., Pick, D., Newton, C.J., Chang, E. & Yeung, M. (forthcoming). ‘Organizational change stressors and nursing job satisfaction: The mediating effect of coping strategies’. Journal of Nursing Management [2011 JIF=1.181].
- Newton, C.J. & Teo, S.T.T. (2014, in-press). ‘Nonprofit identification and the occupational stress process: A stress buffering perspective’. Human Resource Management [ABDC A*, 2011 JIF: 1.516]
Accounting Department research achievements
- Sinclair, R. & Bolt, B. (2013) 'Third Sector Accounting Standard Setting: Do Third Sector Stakeholders Have Voice?', Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, February (online: doi:10.1007/s11266-013-9356-7). This journal is rated B on the ABDC list.
- Narayan, A.K. (2013 forthcoming), 'The Accounting and Accountability Challenges of Implementing Sustainability Initiatives in Public Tertiary Education Organisations', Pacific Accounting Review. This journal is rated B on the ABDC list.
- Keith Hooper and and Gina Xu have won the Outstanding Paper award for their paper entitled 'From legitimacy by character to legitimacy by image: Ethics and accounting practices in New Zealand' published in Managerial Auditing Journal in 2012.
- Tregidga, H. (2013, forthcoming). 'Biodiversity offsetting: Problematisation of an emerging governance regime'. Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal. 26(5). This journal is rated A on the ABDC list and A* on the ERA list.
- Tregidga, H., Kearins, K. & Milne, M. (2013). The politics of knowing ‘organizational sustainable development’. Organization & Environment, 26(1): 102-129. This journal is rated B on the ABDC list.