Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences (BBus/BCIS)
A sound understanding of computer and information sciences is essential for any business. The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences conjoint programme will equip you with skills and knowledge from two complementary disciplines, in as little as four years.
As a graduate of the BBus/BCIS conjoint programme you will have a broad base of skills and be prepared for a myriad of career opportunities. You will develop a sound technical understanding of computing and information technology, knowledge of core business disciplines, plus the ability to plan, develop and apply appropriate technologies and tools to framing and solving problems in a range of contexts.
Programme Code: AK3003
Duration: 4 years full-time/up to 8 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Start date: 2 March 2015 / 20 July 2015
AUT University encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and
- NCEA: Level 3 with merit or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options - majors
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Sustainable Enterprise
In the Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Computational Intelligence
- Computer Science
- IT Service Science
- Networks and Security
- Software Development
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/BCIS
- BBus: Click on the following link to AUT Online and choose Step 5, Course Counselling
- BCIS: Contact Parma Nand, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 5679
For an application and for enrolment into the BBus/BCIS, contact Adelaide Carlton, email@example.com, phone +64 9 921 9999 ext 5857
Last updated: 27-Jan-2015 9.30am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.