Bachelor of Business & Bachelor of Communication Studies (BBus/BCS)
From purchases to policy, all our decisions are based on the messages we receive. That is why a sound understanding of the media and communication industries is essential in today’s business world. The Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communication Studies conjoint programme will equip you with skills and knowledge from both business and communication studies, in as little as four years.
As a graduate of the BBus/BCS conjoint programme you will be prepared for a myriad of career opportunities across a number of different industries. You will develop a thorough understanding of core business disciplines as well as knowledge of the media and communication industries, advertising, creative industries, digital media, journalism, public relations, radio or television.
Programme Code: AK1315
Duration: 4 years full-time/up to 9 years part-time
Venue: City Campus
Starting date: 27 February 2017
AUT encourages early application. This programme will remain open until all places have been filled.
University Entrance (NCEA, CIE or IB), and:
- NCEA: Level 3 with merit, or equivalent
- Applicants must meet the requirements for entry set by each of the degrees.
From previous tertiary education study
- Where a student is applying on completion of the first year of study in one of the degrees, they must have an average grade of B or better in their first year papers.
- Interview may be required
Preference will be given to students who have completed Year 13 with:
- A rank score of 180 or higher, with at least 14 credits in each of two subjects from: Classical Studies, Drama, English, Geography, Health Education, History, History of Art, Media Studies, Social Studies, Te Reo Māori or Te Reo Rangatira
- A rank score of 150 or higher, including a minimum AS level grade of C in at least one of the subjects listed above or equivalent
- A minimum of 28 points including a minimum grade 5 in one of the subjects listed above, or equivalent.
Other documentation may be requested.
Mature applicants should submit:
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript
- A letter of application stating why you are applying, your relevant experience and qualifications
Non-school leavers please complete the Addendum form.
Other documentation may be required.
Continued enrolment in this conjoint programme
In order to maintain enrolment, conjoint programme students must achieve a minimum of a B grade average (equivalent to a GPA of 5 on the most commonly-used 9-point grading scales) over the previous 120 points worth of study, or else they will revert back to one of the component degrees.
Conjoint study options - majors
In the Bachelor of Business, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Market Insights: Marketing, Advertising, Retailing, Sales*
- Sustainable Enterprise
View your Bachelor of Business study options
* Subject to approval
In the Bachelor of Communication Studies, you may choose to specialise in one of the following majors:
- Advertising Creativity
- Creative Industries
- Digital Media
- Public Relations
- Television and Screen Production
View your Bachelor of Communication Studies study options
Contact us to find out more about the BBus/BCS
- BBus: click on the following link to AUT Online and choose Step 5, Course Counselling
For an application and for enrolment in the BCS/BBus conjoint, contact Merinda Grossberg on +64 9 921 9999 ext 7011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 02-Sep-2016 8.25am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.