Undergraduate Business Qualifications
When you study the Bachelor of Business at the AUT Business School you'll be working closely with leading academics at an internationally accredited business school. We are among an elite group of 5% of business schools worldwide accredited by AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.You'll also be engaged with industry, gaining the skills and knowledge that employers demand.
As a Bachelor of Business student you can complete a supervised industry placement in a company of your choice that is related to your major. You'll find that putting theory into practice is a great way to develop your talent and kick-start your career.
The three year qualification is offered at the City Campus with AUT's South Campus in Manukau offering the following options:
- Design, Management or Marketing major: You can complete your entire Bachelor of Business degree at the South Campus.
- Accounting, Advertising, Business Information Systems, Human Resource Management & Employment Relations, International Business, Retailing or Sales major: You can complete Year 1 at the South Campus. The remainder of your degree will need to be completed at the City Campus.
- Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance or Sustainable Enterprise major: You can complete Semester 1 of Year 1 at the South Campus. The remainder of your degree will need to be completed at the City Campus.
Choose 1 or 2 majors from the 14 available, or choose a selected minor from a wider range of subjects.
Bachelor of Business majors:
- Business Information Systems
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Human Resource Management and Employment Relations
- International Business
- Sustainable Enterprise
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Communication Studies
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Health Science (in Psychology)
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Sport and Recreation
Law pathway paper
Are you interested in the role of the legal system and law in our society? Studying law is a great option if you would like to make a positive difference to your community.
You can now study the paper Law in our Contemporary World at both AUT’s South Campus in Manukau and the City Campus. This is a first-year Bachelor of Business paper but it can help you start your journey towards a law degree.
Learn more about the 'Law in our Contemporary World' paper
Double Degree with the Bachelor of Business
A double degree involves two individual degree qualifications being studied independently of each other. Cross crediting may be possible which can reduce the time taken. Students enrol in each degree separately with the relevant faculty.
- The Bachelor of Business may be taken concurrently with the Bachelor of Laws. Cross crediting enables the two degrees to be completed in five years.
Download the Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Laws double degree structure.
- The Bachelor of Business may also be taken concurrently with the Bachelor of Design. For more information on this double degree please refer to the Business and Design double degree page.
Last updated: 24-Feb-2015 11.24am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.