Programme Code: AK3720
Duration: 1 year full time / 2 years part time
Venue: City Campus
Start Date: Anytime
The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is a 120 point postgraduate degree gained by supervised research in any business topic. You must have an undergraduate degree and a strong research background gained from previous postgraduate study. Students choose a research topic to gain advanced knowledge in a specific area.
- A four year undergraduate degree; or
- An undergraduate (honours) degree with first or second class honours; or
- A three year undergraduate degree plus a postgraduate diploma; or
- An undergraduate degree, plus at least three years experience relevant to the programme and evidence of ability to undertake advanced academic study; or
- Evidence of professional experience or a recognised professional qualification approved by the programme Board of Studies.
- Applicants with relevant overseas qualifications will be assessed individually and may be required to undertake a preliminary course of study before entry into this programme.
- It is expected that students would have completed studies in research methodology before commencing the thesis.
- Applicants for whom English is a second or additional language must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each band. For more details, please refer to English Language Requirements in AUT’s Academic Calendar
- In addition to the above, acceptance of applications for the Master of Philosophy is dependent on there being appropriate staff available to supervise research in the student’s field of study and a proposed programme of research that is viable.
For further information visit the Business Postgraduate Programme Information Page