Programme Code: AK3559
Duration: 2 years full time / part time available
Venue: City Campus
Start Date: 4 March 2013 / 22 July 2013
AUT University encourages early application. This qualification will remain open until all places have been filled.
The Master of Business is a 240-point, research masters degree which develops critical and reflective graduates with applied research capabilities. This study is grounded in a rigorous understanding of a specialist field relevant to the student’s professional and research interests. Knowledge, research and critical reflective capabilities are essential in complex and changing business environments.
- Applicants for the Master of Business are expected to have a bachelors degree to a merit (B average) standard in the field in which they propose to undertake their Master of Business
- Applicants who have an undergraduate degree in another field are usually expected to complete the Graduate Diploma in Business with a B average or better in their chosen subject before beginning the Master of Business
- Applicants with relevant overseas qualifications will be assessed individually and may be required to undertake a preliminary course of study before entry into this programme
- Applicants for whom English is a second or additional language must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall and a minimum of 6.0 in each band. For more details, please refer to English Language Requirements in AUT’s Academic Calendar
- In addition to the above, acceptance of applications for the Master of Business is dependent on there being appropriate staff available to supervise research in the student’s field of study
Graduates of the Bachelor of Business (Honours) or the Postgraduate Diploma in Business may apply for admission to the Master of Business. Please contact the Business School Postgraduate Office for further details.
To graduate with a Master of Business, students must successfully complete 240 points as follows:
1. Specialisation Papers:
- These papers provide comprehensive coverage of the latest research in your specialisation. Students who wish to undertake a thesis must complete at least 60 points in a single specialisation, plus 30 or more points in other papers from the same or another specialisation – subject to satisfying prerequisites.
Students who wish to complete a dissertation must complete at least 60 points in a single specialisation, plus 90 or more points in other papers from the same or another specialisation – subject to satisfying prerequisites.
2. Research Methodology Paper:
The research methodology paper(s) provide an introduction to philosophical issues shaping the design of research projects as well as choices in research methods available.
* Economics, Finance, Marketing and Taxation students must complete specific research methodology papers in their specialisation.
3. Thesis or Dissertation:
- 309102 Thesis (120 points – 1 year equivalent full-time) OR
- 309105 Thesis (90 points) OR
- 478004 Dissertation (60 points – 1/2 year equivalent full-time)
To view the full list of Master of Business papers please refer to AUT's Academic Calendar.
For further information visit the Business Postgraduate Programme Information Page