• Growing demand for digital design skills, not just in the entertainment industry
• Studio, lab-based learning environment with a fully equipped green-screen studio, games lab, stop-motion animation room, and virtual reality lab
• You will have access to AUT's state-of-the-art Motion Capture Lab
• 60 hours of work experience in a field of your choice in the final year of study for organisations such as Flux Animation Studio, Watermark, Toybox, Assembly, TV3 Auckland, Ogilvy Advertising, Yukfoo Animation, Brandspank Ltd, Images and Sound, Fish ‘n’ Clips, and One To One Hundred, Staples VR etc.
• Be involved in live industry projects
• Present your final year work to the media and industry through the annual AUT Art and Design festival
• When you graduate, you will be career-ready and have the skills necessary to further your development in this field
• 3D animator
• Game designer
• Visual effects artist
• Motion capture artist
• Virtual reality designer
• Data visualisation
• User experience designer
• Motion graphic designer
• Art director
• Interactive designer
• Postgraduate research
Year 1 papers
DIGD501 Digital Design Studio I (30 points)
DIGD502 Digital Design Studio II (30 points)
DIGD503 Introduction to 3D Animation (15 points)
DIGD504 Theory and Context I (15 points)
DIGD505 Theory and Context II (15 points)
In addition you will study one paper at level 5 from the minor that you have selected.
Year 2 papers
DIGD601 Digital Design Studio III (30 points)
DIGD602 Digital Design Studio IV (30 points)
DIGD603 Theory and Context III (15 points)
DIGD604 Theory and Context IV (15 points)
In addition you will study two papers at level 6 from the minor that you have selected.
Year 3 papers
DIGD701 Digital Design Studio V (30 points)
DIGD702 Digital Design Studio VI (45 points)
DIGD703 Theory and Context V (15 points)
With a further one paper from the following:
DIGD705 Motion Capture (15 points)
DIGD706 Advanced Digital Cinema (15 points)
DIGD707 Motion Capture Project (15 points)
DIGD708 Professional Practice for Digital Design (15 points)
In addition you will study one paper at level 7 from the minor that you have selected.
Click here for more information about papers.
Additional course information can also be found here.
Enrolment in papers is subject to meeting all prerequisite requirements and availability of enrolment space in each paper.
Please email email@example.com for programme information.
Last updated: 23-Aug-2017 10.51am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.