Applying to the Study Abroad programme
Find out about applying to the Study Abroad programme to spend a year or a semester at AUT.
Entry requirements: getting into the Study Abroad programme
You need to meet some requirements before you apply for the Study Abroad programme. You must have:
- Completed at least one year of full-time study at a recognised university (or two years for the study-internship option)
- A better than average academic record, especially in your most recent year of study (or have a GPA of 3.0 for the study-internship option)
- English language: an IELTS (Academic) score of 6 with all bands 5.5 or higher (you must meet this requirement if English is not your first language)
Fees and other expenses
Before you apply, make sure you’ve also checked our information on:
How to apply to Study Abroad at AUT
Choose your courses
Before you apply online, you must download and complete the 'paper selection' form. This tells us the papers (courses) you want to study.
You must upload this form when you apply online for the Study Abroad programme.
Download paper selection form (PDF)
When you apply online:
- Select ‘Certificate of Proficiency’ from the programme list
- Select 'Study Abroad' from the pathways list
- Upload your completed 'Paper selection' form in the documents section
- If you're applying for the study-internship option, check the instructions below – you will need to upload more documents.
Apply online for Study Abroad programme
Choosing the study-internship option
If you are applying for the study-internship option, you must follow the process above, but also upload these documents:
If we accept your application, we will send you an offer of place and an invoice for a non-refundable placement fee of $800. Once we receive this fee from you, we start to secure you a work placement.
About the study-internship option for Study Abroad students
When to apply: application deadlines for the Study Abroad programme
Make sure you apply by:
- 30 November each year (to start in February/Semester 1)
- 15 March each year (to start in July/Semester 2)
Academic dates for Study Abroad students
If you have questions or need help with you application, email the Study Abroad team.
Last updated: 02-Oct-2017 1.03pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.