AUT has resources that help promote both your physical and mental health while you study and work. Please have a look through the following areas to familiarise yourself with our health, wellness, fitness and recreation services. We’ve also included information about staying safe on campus.
In case of emergency
In any emergency (where there is imminent danger to life or property), call 111.
- If you are dialling from an AUT phone, dial 1 for an outside line then dial 111.
- State the emergency service you need: fire, police or ambulance
- Tell the emergency operator which campus you’re on and your location
- AUT University City Campus - 55 Wellesley Street East, state the building number or name
- North Shore Campus - 90 Akoranga Drive, state the building number or name
- South Campus - 640 Great South Road, state the building number or name
- Give the emergency operator your phone number and extension number
- Send someone to the nearest entrance gate to help emergency services arrive
- You should also notify AUT Security on +64 9 921 9997
- Do not hesitate to yell for help
- For urgent medical or mental health assistance on campus during office hours, phone ext 8888 to ask for nurse assistance or make an urgent appointment with a counsellor, mental health coordinator, doctor or nurse. Please tell the receptionist why the need for assistance is urgent
After hours services
- If you require health or medical services after hours you can phone our centres on +64 9 921 9992 or + 64 9 921 9998 and follow the message instructions
- For a medical emergency phone an ambulance by dialling 111. If you are dialling from an AUT phone, dial 1 for an outside line then dial 111
Some after hours services which may be of assistance are:
- HealthLine phone 0800 611 116, a nurse will provide you with advice and direct you to your nearest medical service if required
- White Cross Accident and Medical 0800 611 111
- Mental Health Crisis 0800 800 717
- LifeLine +64 9 522 2999
- YouthLine +64 9 376 6633
- Chinese Line +64 9 522 2088
- Crimestoppers - if you have information about criminal activity but don't feel comfortable discussing it with the Police - 0800 555 111 or www.crimestoppers-nz.org
Last updated: 19-Dec-2014 8.38am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.