International students: study part of your degree at AUT, New Zealand
AUT University invites students from partner institutions all over the world to spend a semester in our Student Exchange programme. As an exchange student, you don't pay any fees to AUT, just standard fees to your home university. You earn credits towards your home university degree by choosing four AUT papers (courses) that best fit your studies. During your Student Exchange you also get the opportunity to immerse yourself in New Zealand student culture and experience all our beautiful country has to offer.
Join us for the experience of a lifetime! As a student exchange student you will:
- Receive a warm, distinctly New Zealand welcome onto our campus.
- Be supported in adapting to life and study in a new environment.
- Have plenty of opportunities to make new friends, learn about our unique culture and discover the superb natural scenery New Zealand is famous for.
Our current exchange partners are listed below. If your home university is not listed, you can study at AUT through our Study Abroad programme. Find out more about Study Abroad
AUT Exchange Partners
- Academy of Art University, USA
- Amsterdam Fashion Institute, The Netherlands
- Cardiff University, UK
- Carnegie Mellon University School of Arts, USA
- Clarkson University, USA
- Comillas Pontificial University, Spain
- Danish School of Journalism, Denmark
- Dowling College, USA
- Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences, The Netherlands
- German Sports University, Germany
- Hanze University, The Netherlands
- University of Hawai'i at Manoa, USA
- Hirosaki University, Japan
- Hochschule Harz, Germany
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
- University of Jinan, China
- Johnson and Wales University, USA
- Kanda University, Japan
- Köln International School of Design, Germany
- Leeds Beckett University, UK
- Malmö University, Sweden
- Queen Margaret University, UK
- Missouri School of Journalism, USA
- Namseoul University, South Korea
- Offenbach am Main, Germany
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Ravensbourne University, UK
- Ryerson University, Canada
- Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- San Diego University, USA
- Sapporo University, Japan
- Soongsil University, South Korea
- University of Strathclyde, UK
- SUNY Oswego, USA
- Université de technologie de Troyes, France
- Tec de Monterrey, Mexico
- VIA University College, Denmark
- Waseda University, Japan
How to apply for Student Exchange
If your home university has a partnership with us, please contact your Exchange Coordinator for details on how to apply. Once you have been accepted for student exchange by your home university, you can contact AUT's International Programmes Coordinator.
If your home university is not listed above
Our Study Abroad programme is another great way to spend a semester at AUT. Find out more about Study Abroad at AUT
International Student Exchange for current AUT studentsThis page has information for current AUT students planning to study overseas.
Last updated: 10-Jul-2015 1.26pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.