Open Work Visa and Permit
Once you have successfully completed your study at AUT University you may be eligible to apply for a 12 month Open Work Visa and Permit (also known as the Graduate Job Search Visa and Permit). This visa will allow you to remain in New Zealand to look for full time work. ISSS can help with the processing of this application. You do not have to have a full time job offer to qualify.
For information about whether you qualify and how you can apply for the Open Work Visa and Permit, contact the International Student Support Service
Information if you have obtained a job offer
If you have long terms plans that involve applying for permanent residency or a full-time work visa/permit because you have obtained a job offer, you can get forms and advice directly from Immigration New Zealand.
If you’re thinking of employing an immigration consultant to assist you with your full-time working and/or permanent residency visa applications:
- Use a licensed adviser - ask questions about their credentials
- Immigration applications are not necessarily expensive - you may not need the services of an agent
- Read all documentation before signing and always obtain a receipt for any money paid
- DO NOT sign a blank application form UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
- Be honest - providing false or misleading information may lead to an application being declined and is an offence under the Immigration Act (which could lead to serious consequences to your future in New Zealand)
For complete visa information, visit the Immigration New Zealand website.