Des Graydon Memorial Scholarship
Closes 1 September each year
|Value of Award:||
$6,000 contribution towards fees|
|No. of awards:||
• The tenure of this scholarship is for up to three years of full-time study in the Bachelor of Business,renewed annually.
• Annual renewal of the scholarship will be based on the student attaining a minimum B grade average at the end of each year of study.
• In exceptional circumstances, a recipient may apply to the Scholarships Office for a deferment of his or her scholarship.
In tribute to the memory of Professor Des Graydon, a highly respected leader of the AUT community and Dean of the Faculty of Business and Law for 20 years, the AUT Business School is pleased to be able to offer a scholarship to a secondary school student who intends to study in the Bachelor of Business programme.
The aim of the scholarship is to encourage and support students facing financial barriers to undertake undergraduate studies in Business.
- Applicants must have completed an AUT Application for Enrolment (AFE) for the Bachelor of Business. All applicants for this scholarship must:
- • Be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- • Be enrolling for the first time in a full-time Bachelor of Business programme.
- • Be full-time New Zealand secondary school students in their final year of study.
- • Demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in NCEA level 2 or higher (or in an equivalent qualification) and in their final year of full-time study at a secondary school. Applicants will have as a minimum, one of the following:
- NCEA 250 rank score
- CIE 200 rank score
- IB Principal’s predicted score 30
- Information to assist calculating the rank score is available from the on-line Scholarships Application Form and from www.aut.ac.nz/study-at-aut/fees-scholarships-and-finance/scholarships/school-and-community-partnership.
- • Demonstrate limited opportunity for university study without this scholarship.
- • Demonstrate leadership and role model potential.
How do students apply?
Application for this scholarship is through the AUT on-line scholarship application system. Short-listed applicants may be required to attend an interview. Applicants will request a recommendation from either a Year 13 Dean or School Principal through the on-line system commenting on:
• leadership and role model potential.
• academic performance in the applicants final year of study at secondary school.
- why the applicant would have limited opportunity for university study without this scholarship.
The applicant will be asked to upload in the online system:
• An official transcript of the applicant’s academic results in the current and preceding year.
• A written statement outlining the applicant’s need for financial assistance to fund his or her university study.
Recipients will be selected by the Faculty of Business and Law scholarship selection panel.
The decision of the Faculty of Business and Law scholarship selection panel is final.
If the panel is of the opinion that there is no applicant of sufficient merit, the scholarship will not be awarded.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
The award of this scholarship is conditional on the recipient gaining entry to and enrolling full-time in the Bachelor of Business programme.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• Recipients will be selected by the Faculty of Business and Law scholarship selection panel.
• The decision of the Faculty of Business and Law scholarship selection panel is final.
• If the panel is of opinion that there is no applicant of sufficient merit, the scholarship will not be awarded.
ected to make a commitment to involve themselves in service-based activities and/or mentoring other students.
• This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other fees scholarship. The recipient may hold additional non-tuition fee based scholarships with the approval of the Faculty of Business and Law.
• The Faculty of Business and Law has the power to terminate or suspend a scholarship if it received an unsatisfactory report on the progress of a recipient.
Recipients will be expected to make a commitment to involve themselves in service based activities and/or mentoring other students.
Who else has information about this award?
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Last updated: 18-Dec-2017 3.23pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.