Mavis Tuoro Scholarship
Applications close on 1 November.
|Value of Award:||
$6,000 contribution towards fees|
|No. of awards:||
• The tenure of this scholarship is for one year.|
• Current recipients may apply for renewal for up to a total of three years but must submit a new application by the closing date each year. Attachments and the reference statement are not required for renewal.
The Mavis Tuoro Scholarship was established in 1998 to acknowledge the contribution of Mavis Tuoro to Te Ara Poutama. The scholarship is to encourage Māori scholarship in English or Te Reo Máori at AUT University.
The scholarship is to encourage Māori scholarship in English or Te Reo Māori at AUT University within Te Ara Poutama.
- • Applicants must have been accepted onto full-time study for a certificate, diploma, undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme within Te Ara Poutama.
- • Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- • Applicants must request a referee’s statement supporting their leadership from a community leader, group, organisation or school.
How do students apply?
Application for this scholarship is through the AUT on-line scholarship application system this will be available from September of the year of application. Applicants will be asked to upload:
• An official transcript of the applicant’s academic results in the current and preceding year unless the study was attempted through AUT.
• A 1,000 word typed essay in Te Reo Māori in referencing career paths, future goals and educational aspirations and leadership capability.
• Applicants will be asked to nominate through the online system one referee who can speak in support of the applicant’s leadership ability.
• The selection panel will consist of The Tumuaki (or nominee) and the Programme Leaders.
• No scholarship will be awarded upon any occasion if the panel is of the opinion that there is no applicant of sufficient merit applying for the award.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other full fees scholarship.
The recipient may hold additional non-tuition fee based scholarships with the approval of the Head of Department and the Scholarships Office.
Recipients will be expected to:
Attend all classes
Support Te Ara Poutama recruitment and marketing activities, if and when required
Participate in supporting Te Ara Poutama students to access support services through familiarisation with AUT staff and services.
Who else has information about this award?
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Last updated: 18-Dec-2017 3.23pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.