AUT Undergraduate Scholarship (Engineering)
Closes 1 September each year
|Value of Award:||
$6,000 contribution towards fees|
|No. of awards:||
University education is about critical thinking, fresh ideas and new ways of doing things. AUT provides a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships and awards.
Applications are invited from Year 13 students for an Auckland University of Technology School of Engineering Undergraduate Full Fee Scholarship. These scholarships are offered to encourage school leavers with proven academic excellence to study engineering.
- • Applicants must intend on enrolling full-time in the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) programme.
- • Applicants must be NZ citizens or permanent residents.
- • These scholarships are available to applicants with excellent course work school grades and/or those who can provide evidence of past academic excellence.
- • Applicants must have studied subjects relevant to their proposed tertiary course of study and will have as a minimum, one of the following:
- - NCEA 245 rank score
- - CIE a minimum of 160 points on the UCAS Tariff
- - IB Principal’s predicted score 26
- The rank score is calculated from university approved subjects (or in subjects leading to university approved subjects) studied in the year prior to application only and at Level 2 NCEA or AS (CIE) level or above. Students who have been accelerated may use relevant subjects from one year prior to this, however, a maximum of 24 credits only may be used in any one subject. The Information to assist calculating the rank score is available from the on-line Scholarships Application Form. Please also see: www.aut.ac.nz/study-at-aut/apply-to-aut/entry-requirements/admission-to-bachelors-degrees/additional- requirements-and-selection-criteria
How do students apply?
A link to the application form will be available in July of the year prior to commencement from the AUT Scholarships database www.aut.ac.nz/scholarships. Application is through the AUT online scholarship portal. Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the AUT School Leaver Scholarship Application online via the link available through the AUT Scholarships Database. Applicants will be required to upload the following documents:
• A one-page personal statement explaining the reasons for wishing to attend AUT, the academic goals they hope to achieve and any career aspirations they have. Applicants should also state why they believe they merit the scholarship.
• A copy of NZQA results for year 12 or above i.e. NCEA, CIE (Cambridge) or IB (International Baccalaureate) results. Applicants not applying straight from school should attach a copy of the results for their highest qualification.
REFERENCES: Applicants must nominate two character references in support of their application. Nominated referees will be sent an email from the application portal.
• One referee should be from the school, cultural group, religious group, sports club, work place or a community organisation that the applicant is involved with.
• The second must be from their Principal or Principal’s nominee. If the applicant is studying IB this should include the Principal’s predicted IB score.
All documentation must be received by the closing date inclusive of reference statements or the application will not be able to be submitted and will be considered ineligible.
Selection will be based on applicants NCEA Level Two and Level Three or equivalent results in achievement standards.
The recipient will be selected by the AUT School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences selection panel.
The scholarships will not be awarded if the panel is of the opinion that there are no applicants of sufficient merit applying.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
• This scholarship is only valid for students who meet the entry criteria and enrol in full-time study in an AUT undergraduate degree programme.
• This scholarship may not be held in conjunction with any other fees scholarship.
• The recipient may hold additional non-tuition fee based scholarships with the approval of the Head of Department and the Scholarships Office.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The recipient must agree to complete progress reports if required.
It is important that arrangements are made to cover any additional costs relating to enrolment.
Who else has information about this award?
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Last updated: 18-Dec-2017 3.23pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.