Masters Scholarship: Temporal and Spatial Pattern Extraction from Low to High Quality Videos
Apply at any timeCloses 1st December orwhen awarded (whichever is soonest)
|Value of Award:||
Domestic Tuition fees ,Research and Conference funding- see attached regulations|
|No. of awards:||
One year |
An opportunity is available to undertake a research Masters programme in the School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (SECMS).
The title of the research project will be: Temporal and spatial pattern extraction from low to high quality videos: Towards real-time data fusion for wearable and ubiquitous computing devices.
This scholarship is offered in order to nurture and support the research culture of the School.
- • NZ citizens or permanent residents will be given priority
- • Applicants must meet the entry requirements and be admitted into an appropriate AUT Masters programme in SECMS
- • Applicants must provide evidence of past academic excellence and research capability
How do students apply?
Potential applicants are welcome to contact Dr Boris Bačić (see Additional information)to discuss the research prior to applying. Applicants must complete the AUT Scholarship application form and confirm their eligibility for this award by attaching:
• Transcripts for tertiary study completed at any institution other than AUT.
• A statement outlining any past research experience and their interest in this research project.
Recipients will be selected by SECMS Selection Panel including Dr Boris Bačić. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of:
• Eligibility for admission into the relevant Masters programme
• Academic excellence and potential research capability
• Potential contribution to the overall research goals of SECMS
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
The Award cannot be held in conjunction with any other fees scholarship or fees award.
The research will be undertaken under the supervision of Dr Boris Bačić whose research interests include multi- and cross-disciplinary areas in computer science, mathematics and engineering - See more at: www.aut.ac.nz/study-at-aut/study-areas/computer-mathematical-sciences/Computer-mathematical-sciences-staff/Computer-Science-Department/senior-lecturers/boris-bacic
Who else has information about this award?
Dr Boris Bačić, Senior Lecturer
School of Computing and Mathematical Sciences Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext. 5115
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Last updated: 18-Mar-2015 3.29pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.