AUT South Campus Women in STEM - BCIS Scholarships
Re-opened to January 2018
|Value of Award:||
A $6,000 contribution towards fees|
|No. of awards:||
One year only|
Our science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) workforce is crucial to innovative capacity and global competitiveness; yet women are vastly underrepresented in STEM jobs and among STEM degree holders.
The AUT School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences offers this scholarship to women in recognition of the contributions of Graham Bidois who passed away in early 2015. Graham was the AUT Computer Sciences Programme Manager and organizer of AUT GirlTech.
The scholarship is for women wishing to study the Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences at the AUT South Campus. This campus is growing and campus located in the heart of the South Auckland community. The Computer and Information Sciences courses are practical and relevant and designed to give a world-class university education.
- • Recipients of this scholarship must achieve university entrance and be accepted into the the Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences at AUT and enroll at the AUT South Campus.
- • Applicants must be women intending to enroll full-time in the first year of the Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences at the AUT South Campus.
- • It is expected that the applicant will have, as a minimum, one of the following:
- • NCEA 210 rank score *
- • CIE 180 rank score *
- • IB Principal’s predicted score 28
- • The award of this scholarship is conditional on the student gaining entry to an AUT undergraduate degree programme.
How do students apply?
Applicants must apply through the on-line AUT Scholarship application portal. A link to this portal will be available from the link above from 1 August.
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for admission and this scholarship and complete and submit the online application available from the link above. Applicants will be required to upload:
Applicants will be asked to upload:
• A one page personal statement outlining the difference the scholarship would make to them. Applicants should indicate how they will support the involvement of women in STEM and indicate their willingness to be involved in the AUT South GirlTech events in the future.
• A NZQA record of achievement or academic transcript for any study completed or equivalent transcripts
• A brief one page Curriculum Vitae outlining achievements to date
• A panel consisting of representatives from the School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences will approve recipients. The decision of the approving panel is final.
• If the panel is of opinion that no applicant is of sufficient merit, the scholarship will not be awarded.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
As soon as possible after the closing date.
What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
• The award of this scholarship is conditional on the recipient gaining entry to the Bachelor of Computer and Information Sciences, and enrolling full-time in an undergraduate at the AUT South Campus.
• The School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences reserves the right to use the names, photographs and details of successful recipients for promotional purposes.
• The School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences may from time to time, request that recipients make a commitment to involve themselves reasonably in promotional activities organised by AUT. Such activities will be organized with full consultation with the recipient.
• This scholarship may be held in conjunction with other scholarships with the approval of the AUT Scholarships Office. If the student uses the Scholarship for fees the applicant will not be able to hold another fees scholarship for the same programme of study.
• Recipients who withdraw from study during the tenure of the scholarship will be expected to repay the full value of the Scholarship.
Who else has information about this award?
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Auckland University of Technology
Phone: +64 9 921 9837
Last updated: 18-Dec-2017 3.23pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.