Research Institutes and Centres
Our research institutes and centres play an important role in the specialist teaching and research conducted by academic staff and postgraduate students at AUT's Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences.
These institutes and centres offer specialised research in a variety of fields. For further details, please refer to the website of the relevant institute listed below.
Diagram setting out the relationship between our institutes, centres and schools
Research support units
Other centres and groups
- Active Aging Research Group
- Centre for eHealth
- Centre for Food Science
- Centre for Interdisciplinary Trauma Research
- Centre for Midwifery and Women's Health Research
- National Centre for Interprofessional Education and Collaborative Practice
- The AUT Food Network - The AUT Food Network is a new group that have a shared interest in ‘food industry' related matters. The aim of this network is to use the wealth of knowledge, expertise, technology and innovative tools that lie within AUT to promote and enable ‘food’ based research and development through partnerships and engagement within AUT, but also the wider NZ ‘food’ community, that will ultimately be of benefit to NZ. Such benefits include improving the health and wellbeing of NZers and their communities through all aspects of ‘food’, from nutrition and food security to education, as well as helping cultivate economic ‘food’ opportunities that are unique to NZ.
Currently the Food Network has more than twenty multidisciplinary innovators that bring together ‘food’ expertise from across the University, the goal being to make the AUT Food Network a “one stop shop” when it comes to food science, retailing, branding and design, health and nutrition, hospitality and tourism, and research and innovation.
The AUT Food Network would like to invite any staff or students that are interested in ‘food industry’ related matters to join the group.
If you would like more information or would like to join please email Deborah McRae.
Last updated: 02-Aug-2016 11.33am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.