Located on Auckland's North Shore, AUT Millennium Institute is New Zealand's world-class sports training facility, helping our community to be healthy and our top athletes to be champions. Read some of our key features.
AUT Millennium has developed from the partnership between AUT University and the Millennium Institute of Sport and Health. AUT Millennium has a focus on sport and health research.
Main entrance and general enquiries
17 Antares Place
Getting to AUT Millennium Institute
We’re located off the Northern Motorway (State Highway 1) in Mairangi Bay (Rosedale) on Auckland’s North Shore. You can drive or take the bus. (There is no train service.)
Find out more about how to get to AUT's Millennium Institute
Features of AUT Millennium
- Sports Performance Research Institute New Zealand (SPRINZ)
- SPRINZ laboratories:
- SPRINZ clinics:
- Human Potential Centre
- Coach Development Centre, which is the base for the Greater Auckland Coaching Unit (GACU)
- Home to High Performance Sport New Zealand
- Home of 4 Millennium foundation clubs: North Shore Swimming, North Sport Olympic Weightlifting, North Harbour Bays Athletics and North Harbour Water Polo.
- Home of national sport organisations - Swimming New Zealand and New Zealand Water Polo
- Outdoor athletics track
- Sport and Recreation New Zealand Auckland based offices
- Conference and facility hire
- The Lodge – accommodation for athletes
- Long term athlete development programme
- Holiday and schools programmes
- High performance centre: Sports hall, carded Athlete Training Zone (CATZ) and testing laboratories run by AUT
- Commercial gym - Millennium Gym
- Aquatics facility: 50m Olympic swimming pool and 10m x 5m beginners’ pool
- Swim school and shop
- Health Zone medical centre
- Frenz cafe
- Millennium Institute of Sport and Health home
Last updated: 14-Feb-2014 7.27pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.