If you are an international student, a student identification card will be issued to you once your enrolment is complete and payment of your tuition fees and medical and travel insurance has been made in full. You can receive you ID card at International Orientation (new students only) or it can be mailed to your Auckland address (if you’re a returning student).
You will receive your ID card when you:
- Provide 1 passport-sized photograph with your application form. If you need to obtain passport-sized photographs when you arrive in Auckland you can visit Yellow Camera on Queen St (next to Smith & Caughey’s department store).
- Have signed and returned a copy of your Acceptance of Offer of Place form. We recommend that you do this as soon as you receive it.
- Have paid your full tuition fees and Learner Services Levy and received your receipt or payment acknowledgement letter.
- Have paid for medical and travel insurance and received your receipt or provided a copy of the policy of another preferred provider if you decide not to use the AUT Studentsafe-University cover.
- Have provided your Auckland mailing address.
- Have selected your papers so that your timetable is arranged.
- Bring your passport with your AUT student visa to International Orientation.
The card is non-transferable and remains the property of AUT University. Your card should be carried at all times on campus and should be presented to AUT University staff upon request.
Uses for your ID card
Your student ID card can be used for the following purposes:
- Proof of enrolment, access to class and entry to exams
- Access to Library facilities
- Use of photocopiers
- Access to computer facilities
- Student discounts where applicable in conjunction with AuSM - the AUT students’ association
The original cost of the ID card is included in your tuition fee. Please visit the Student Centre to obtain a replacement card. There is a $20 replacement charge.
To get a replacement card contact the Student Centre