Student ID cards: how to get one
Use your AUT student ID card to access library and computer facilities, use photocopiers and get student discounts. This page has information on AUT student ID cards and how to get a replacement card.
Receiving your ID card: what you need to do
- You will automatically receive your ID card when you have been enrolled and invoiced for your papers – if you have supplied a photograph
- The cost of the ID card is included in your tuition fee
- Your ID card will be mailed to you
- Check that your postal address is correct in Arion
Need to supply a photograph?
- Log in to your Arion account
- From the personal details page click through to the next page
- Upload your passport sized quality photo
- Click through to the next page and check your contact details
Your AUT Student ID card photo needs to be:
- A recent photo
- Full colour, saved in JPEG file format less than 500kb
- At least 300 x 3000 pixels and no bigger than 600 x 6000 (passport photo quality)
- A full-front view of your face, head and shoulders. Your eyes must be open
- No sunglasses may be worn. Tinted prescription glasses may be worn, provided your eyes are still visible.
- Without hats, head coverings or head bands (except for religious purposes)
Uses for your student ID card
- Proof of enrolment, access to class and entry to exams
- Access to library facilities
- Use of photocopiers
- Access to computer facilities
- Student discounts where applicable, in conjunction with AuSM – the AUT students’ association
Always carry your student ID card when you are on campus and present it to AUT staff if requested.
The card is non-transferable and remains the property of AUT.
Lost ID cards: how to get a replacement card
- Visit the Student Hub to get a replacement card
- There may be a $30 replacement charge
Last updated: 18-Nov-2016 9.08am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.