English language requirements for International students
If you are an international student intending to apply to AUT, this page tells you the official standards which we accept that prove your English ability to us.
- We need to assess your level of English to ensure you can succeed in your programme.
- AUT University does not accept responsibility if you fail courses because of a lack of competence in English.
1. International students at NZ secondary schools
2. Students with school, college or university qualifications gained outside NZ
Applying on the basis of a non-NZ qualification? Use your official results for one of the following tests or qualifications to meet the English language requirements. Results can be up to 2 years old.
IELTS – Academic
- Required English test for most health science degrees, teacher education qualifications and doctoral degrees
- Preferred English test for all other AUT qualifications
- If you gain UE through a NZ secondary school qualification, you can’t replace the UE literacy requirements with IELTS
- See the minimum IELTS scores you need for AUT qualifications
AUT English language programmes
Qualifications taught and assessed in English
- You can use the official results of an academic qualification completed in a country where English is the main language
- Must have been taught and assessed in English - evidence is required
- Must be at an appropriate level
Other English tests and qualifications
Last updated: 20-Sep-2016 4.29pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.