Taxation at AUT University: department overview
The study of taxation law and policy is available at postgraduate level for students and researchers who have a grounding in commercial law and want to pursue a career in tax consulting.Key areas include:
- The concept of income, allowable deductions and capital gains taxation
- Goods and services taxation (value-added tax)
- Tax administration
- Tax avoidance - concepts and practice
Head of taxation
Dr Chris Ohms
Professor of Law and Taxation
Phone: + 64 9 921 9999 ext. 5709
Taxation research interests and associationsCurrent research:
- Analysis and reform: A review of section HK11 of the Income Tax Act 2004 and its effectiveness
- Application of choice doctrine: the lessons learned from Trinity
- Flaws in the New Zealand tax disputes process
- The review of the Glaxo decision and topical issues in transfer pricing
Taxation degrees and qualifications
PostgraduateTaxation is offered as a specialisation in the postgraduate degrees below.
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Postgraduate Certificate in Business
- Master of Business
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
News, events and conferences
Contact the taxation departmentPhone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5475
New students and general enquiries
Student centre provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student centre provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 16-Dec-2014 11.53am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.