Spatial Design at AUT: an overview
- Also referred to as, or includes, interior architecture, event and exhibit design, set design, design - spatial
Spatial design involves the study and research of the relationships between people and their environments. Spatial design looks at the links between the practices of architecture, art and visual technology.
Key academic contact
Head of Department
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6255
Research interests and associations
Undergraduate research areas:
- Interior architecture
- Exhibition and event design
- Performance and set design
- Design for public spaces and the built environment
- Urban design
- Auckland Architecture Association
- New Zealand Institute of Architects - Auckland Architecture Week
- Auckland City Council - Heritage Historic Landscapes Exhibition
- Urbis/Hewlett Packard - Urbis Design Day
Degrees and qualifications
News, events and conferences
Art + Design Central
WE Building, St Paul Street Entrance, Room WE305
Phone +64 9 921 9999 extension 9663
New students and general enquiries
Student Hub provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student Hub provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 08-Apr-2016 2.07pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.