Marketing, Advertising, Retailing and Sales Department at AUT Business School: an overview
- Also referred to as, or includes, marketing management, marketing communication, advertising - business focus, retailing, sales
Marketing, Advertising, Retailing and Sales is one of the largest, most popular departments in the AUT Business School. We have:
- Highly-qualified academic staff
- A vibrant group of graduate scholars
- An exciting research culture
We are well-known for our teaching and research in the fields of:
- Marketing management - consumer, industrial, international, research and strategic marketing
- Marketing communications - communication strategy, media planning and integrated marketing communications
- Sales - sales management, professional selling and negotiation skills
- Retailing - retail management, shopping behaviour and retail design
Head of Department
Professor Andrew Parsons
Head of Department
Phone: ++64 9 9219999 ext 5040
Research interests and associations
The department maintains a strong, research-led teaching tradition, with research published in the world's leading marketing, sales, retail, tourism and advertising journals.
The MARS department has strong partnerships with industry, including:
- The Communications Agencies Association (CAANZ) through the CAANZ/AUT Communications School
- Retailing links with leading groups such as Westfield, Smith & Caughey, Pumpkin Patch and DFS Galleria
Degrees and qualifications
News, events and conferences
Marketing Department Administrator
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5474
New students and general enquiries
Student Hub provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student Hub provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 16-Dec-2014 10.21am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.