Human resource management and employment relations at AUT University: an overview
- Also referred to as, or includes, employment relations, occupational health and safety, industrial relations, people and employment
Human resource management is about understanding people at work and retaining employees. This field requires knowledge of employment law and the role of groups such as government and trade unions. AUT has the largest concentration of expertise in human resource management and employment relations in New Zealand, and is one of the top 2 concentrations in the Asia-Pacific region.
Key academic contactProfessor Erling Rasmussen
Professor of Work and Employment
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5916
Research interests and associationsResearch strengths include:
- Work and labour market studies
- Occupational health and safety
- Gender and diversity
- New Zealand Work and Labour Market Institute
Degrees and qualifications
- Bachelor of Business overview
- Bachelor of Business in human resource management and employment relations
- Postgraduate qualification overview and papers
- Bachelor of Business (Honours)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Business and Postgraduate Certificate in Business
- Master of Business
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
News, events and conferences
Contact usJoanne Davidson
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 5412
New students and general enquiries
Student Hub provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student Hub provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 09-Mar-2016 8.50am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.