Hospitality at AUT University: department overview
Also referred to as, or includes, food and beverage, hotel management
Hospitality is an increasingly important industry for New Zealand. AUT offers a diverse range of hospitality courses to reflect this demand, opening up career paths in a variety of industries. Our undergraduate degree is the only specialised hospitality management degree in the New Zealand university sector. Postgraduate qualifications produce graduates with skills that are vital to senior level hospitality management or further study.
Key academic contactsDavid Williamson
Programme Leader — Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 8448
Programme Leader — Postgraduate
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 8374
Hospitality research interests and associations
- New Zealand Tourism Research Institute
- Hospitality and tourism research interests
- Four Seasons — AUT University's premier fine dining restaurant. It offers classic New Zealand cuisine and is staffed by AUT students.
- Piko — AUT University's bistro restaurant, offering fresh, modern cuisine and staffed by AUT students.
Hospitality industry associations
Members of these organisations advise on our curriculum through school advisory committees. Various hotels offer our students work experience opportunities.
- Chefs Association of New Zealand
- Hospitality Association of New Zealand
- New Zealand Hotel Council
- Restaurant Association of New Zealand
- Service Professionals Association of New Zealand
- Accor New Zealand
- Hilton Hotel
- Hyatt Hotel
- Langham Hotel
- MCK Hotels New Zealand
- Stamford Plaza Hotel
Hospitality degrees and qualifications
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of International Hospitality Management and Bachelor of Business (conjoint)
- Postgraduate Certificate in International Hospitality Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in International Hospitality Management
- Master of International Hospitality Management
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Contact the hospitality department
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6225
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 8635
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 8012
Head of School, Hospitality and Tourism
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 9184
New students and general enquiries
Student centre provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student centre provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 10-Apr-2015 8.48am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.