Advertising Creativity at AUT: an overview
- Also referred to as, or includes, advertising, copy writing, art direction, creative strategy, communications - advertising creativity
Advertising creativity at AUT covers the areas of:
- Creative principles and practices
- Creative strategy
- Integrated marketing communication
- Art direction
Key academic contact
- International D&AD University Network
D&AD (Design & Art Direction), based in the UK, represents the global creative, design and advertising communities and celebrates brilliance in commercial creativity. AUT is the only NZ member of the D&AD International University Network and is recognised by it as one of the world's leading tertiary institutes teaching advertising creativity and design. D&AD supplies us with up to date industry feedback and awards our best work in global competitions.
- CAANZ (Communication Agencies Association of New Zealand)
CAANZ (Communication Agencies of New Zealand) is our industry professional body. Their chief executive is a member of the School of Communications advisory board and they offer our students internships and scholarships. CAANZ recognises and endorses AUT as a leading provider of training for ad creativity in NZ.
Degrees and qualifications
- Bachelor of Communication Studies overview
- Bachelor of Communication Studies in advertising creativity
- Graduate Diploma in Advertising Creativity
- Bachelor of Communication Studies (Honours)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Communication Studies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies
- Master of Communication Studies
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
News, events and conferences
Programme Leader, Advertising Creativity
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 7743
New students and general enquiries
Student Hub provides information on all programmes at AUT, course counselling, campus tours, study planning and enrolment assistance.
Phone: 0800 AUT UNI (0800 288 864)
Submit an online enquiry
Returning student enquiries
Student Hub provides information on applications and admission, fees and invoices, student loans, academic records, general enrolment, graduation, accommodation, activities and events and student services.
Phone: +64 9 921 9779
Last updated: 11-Jun-2015 2.41pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.