Associate Professor Wei Qi Yan
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 Ext 5107
AUT Tower, WT4.08
No. 2-14 Wakefield Street, Auckland
Department of Computer Science
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
Auckland 1142, New Zealand
BSc & MSc(Maths), PhD(CEng), Chinese Academy of Sciences(CAS), 2001
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Leader, AUT Computer and Cyber Security Group Since 2011
- Board Member, AUT Kedri Since 2012
- Adjunct Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences Since 2013
- Chapter Chair, ACM Multimedia New Zealand Since 2013.
- Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF: EI and SCI) Since 2014
- Deputy Director, AUT Center for Robotics and Vision Since 2015
Dr. Wei Qi Yan is an associate professor with the Auckland University of Technology (AUT); his expertise is in digital security, surveillance, privacy and forensics, and he is leading the Computer and Cyber Security (CCS) Research Group at AUT. Dr. Yan is the editor-in-chief (EiC) of the International Journal of Digital Crime and Forensics (IJDCF); he was an exchange computer scientist between Royal Society of New Zealand (RSNZ) and the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), China, he is the chair of ACM Multimedia Chapter of New Zealand, a member of the ACM, a senior member of the IEEE, TC members of the IEEE. Dr. Yan is a guest (adjunct) professor with PhD supervision of the State Key Laboratory of Information Security (SKLOIS), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- General Chair, IWDW 2013.
- Exchange Scientist between China and New Zealand, 2013.
- Visiting Professor, University of Auckland, 2014.
- Visiting Professor, National University of Singapore, 2015.
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Chair, International Workshop on Video Surveillance, 2015.
- Program Chair, IWDCF 2015.
- Area Chair, IEEE VCIP 2016.
- Visiting Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2016.
- Chair, IWDCF 2016.
- TPC Chair, ICIE 2017.
- Chair, IWDCF 2017.
- Program Chair, IEEE AVSS 2018.
- Bachelor in Computer Science
- Master in Computer Science
- PhD in Computer Science
- Security, Forensics, Surveillance and Privacy
- Graphics, Image and Video, Vision and Multimedia
- Computational Intelligence, Event Computing, Deep Learning
- Visual Cryptography and Its Applications
- Analytics of Visual Cryptography
- Content Based Visual Cryptography
- Intelligent Surveillance
- Visual Event Computing
- Intelligent Navigation
- Privacy Preservation of Social Media
- Analogy: An AI Approach
- Currency Security
- Deeply Learn Very Deep Learning
Current Research Projects:
- Homomorphic Encryption Based Visual Secret Sharing, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2017-2019.
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Food Safety and Assurance, AgResearch NZ, 2016-2019.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/2), 2015-2016.
- Computer Vision and Image Technologies, AUT SRIF Project (INTELLECTE/1), 2014-2015.
- Content based Authentication of Visual Cryptography, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2014-2016.
- Content based Visual Cryptography, RSNZ, 2013.
- m-LTE: a mobile based Learning and Teaching Environment, AUT CfLAT Project, 2011.
Supervised Research Students:
R. Li, 2017; K. Zheng, 2017; D. Shen, 2017; Q. Meng, 2017; X. Hu, 2017; B. Bakhsh, 2017; J. Shen, 2017; J. Lu, 2017; L. Zhou, 2017; Y. Zhang, 2017 (Postdoc); Y. Zhu, 2016; J. Wang, 2016; Y. Zhang, 2016; D. Gu, 2016; Y. Tong, 2015; C. Maimbo, 2014; W. Cui, 2014; P. Treum, 2014; G. Wang, 2014; J. Li, 2014; M. Niitsuma, 2013; R. Chandran, 2013; J. Chambers, 2013; E. Wang, 2012, et al.
Last updated: 19-Jul-2017 8.50am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.