Professor Trish Corner (Deputy Head of Department)
Professor of Strategic Entrepreneurship
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 - ext: 5415
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Strategic Management, Arizona State University
- Master of Business Administration, University of Minnesota
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Virginia
She has authored 40 internationally refereed publications, including articles in Organization Science, Entrepreneurship, Theory, and Practice, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of the Operations Research Society, Interfaces, International Small Business Journal, and the Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management. She has a further research interest in management pedagogy as evidenced by her publications in the Journal of Management Education.
Expertise in Degree and Postgraduate Teaching
- Strategic Management
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Interests in Research Supervision
- Entrepreneurship from the individual point of view
- Strategic leaders in large and small organizations
- Strategy process
- Small and Medium Sized Enterprises
- Social Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship, Management Spirituality
Current Research Projects:
- Social Entrepreneurship and Strategy
- Dynamic Capabilities and Human Resources
- Knowledge Creation Through Inner Self Exploration
Recent Refereed Publications:
- Corner, P., & Pio, E. (2016). Supervising International Students’ Theses and Dissertations. Academy of Management Learning and Education. DOI 10.5465/amle.2015.0054.
- Hartnell, C., Kinicki, A., Lambert, L., Fugate, M., & Corner, P. (In Press). Do Similarities or Differences between CEO Leadership and Organizational Culture have a More Positive Effect on Firm Performance? A Test of Competing Predictions. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Schaefer, K., Corner, P., Kearins, K. (2015). Social, Environmental, and Sustainability Entrepreneurship Research: What is Needed for Sustainability-As-Flourishing? Organization & Environment, 28, 394-413.
- Singh, S., Corner, P., & Pavlovich, K. (2015). Spirituality and Entrepreneurial Failure. Journal of Management, Spirituality, and Religion. DOI 10.1080/14766086.2015.1029961.
- Corner, P. & Pavolvich, K. (2014). Shared value through inner knowledge creation. Journal of Business Ethics. DOI 10.1007/s10551-014-2488-x.
- Singh, S., Corner, P., Pavlovich, K. (2015). Failed but not finished: A narrative approach to understanding venture failure stigmatization. Journal of Business Venturing, 30: 150-166.
- Pavlovich, K. & Corner, P. (2014). Conscious enterprise emergence: Shared value creation through expanded consciousness awareness. Journal of Business Ethics. 121: 341–351.
- Kinicki, A., Fugate, M., Hartnell, C., & Corner, P. (2012). Which fit fits? : The Effect of Two Types of Leadership-Culture Fit on Firm Performance. In L. Toombs (Ed.) Best Paper Proceedings of the Seventieth Annual Academy of Management Proceedings. (5% acceptance rate).
- Corner, P. & Wu, S. (2012). Dynamic capability emergence in the venture creation process. International Small Business Journal, 30, 138-160.
- Corner, P. & Ho, M. (2010). How opportunities develop in social entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship, Theory and Practice,July, 635-659.
- Corner, P. (2009). Workplace Spirituality and Business Ethics: Insights from an Eastern Spiritual Tradition. Journal of Business Ethics, 85(3), 377-389.
- Pavlovich, K. & Corner, P. (2009). Spiritual Organizations and Connectedness: The Living Nature Experience. Journal of Management, Spirituality and Religion, 6(3), 209-229.
- Corner, P. (2008). Extending Theory Through Experience: A Framework for Business Ethics From Yoga. In George T. Solomon (Ed.), Best Paper Proceedings of the Sixty-Sixth Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management (CD), ISSN 1543-8643. (5% acceptance rate)
- Corner, P. & Pavlovich, K. (2007). Entrepreneurship Research: Follow the Yellow-Brick Road? Journal of Management and Organization, 14(4): 288-294.
- Singh, S., Corner, P., Pavlovich, K. (2007). Coping with entrepreneurial failure. Journal of Management & Organization, 14(4): 331-344.
- Corner, P., Bowden, S., Clark, D., Collins, E., Gibb, J., Kearins, K., & Pavlovich, K. (2006). Grounded Learning from a Case Competition. Journal of Management Education, 30: 431-454.
- Corner, P. & Kinicki, A. (2005), “An Upper Echelon Perspective on Mergers and Acquisitions“, in C. Cooper, and S. Finkelstein (Eds.), Advances in Mergers and Acquisitions, JAI Press, Greenwich, CN. pp. 85-122.
- Corner, J. & Corner, P. (2003), “Teaching OR/MS Using Discussion Leadership”, Interfaces, 33: 60-69.
- Corner, P. (2002), “An Integrative Model for Teaching Quantitative Research Design”, Journal of Management Education, 26, 671-692.
Last updated: 17-Aug-2016 9.00am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.