Associate Professor Hinematau McNeill
Associate Dean: Undergraduate
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 extn 6077
Room WB 312,
Te Ara Poutama – The Faculty of Māori & Indigenous Development,
Wellesley Street East,
Auckland Central 1142
Private Bag 92006
PhD (AUT), MA First Class Hon. (Auckland University), BA (Auckland University) CTESL (London)
Memberships and Affiliations:
Ngāti Moko, Tapuika
Social anthropology, Sociology, Health studies, Maori Studies.
Māori health, Tribal history, Māori community education
(Last four years)
- McNeill, H. N., & Flavell, T. (2013). Submission to the Maori Affairs Select Committee - Nga Punawai o Te Tokotoru Settlement Bill.
- McNeill, H. N., & Hata, S. (2013). Karanga. In R. Ka'ai-Mahuta, T. Ka'ai, & J. Moorfield (Eds.), Kia Ronaki - The Maori Performing Arts (pp. 53-60). Auckland: Pearson.
- McNeill, H. N., Keiha, P., & Frielick, S. (2012). Submission on the Inquiry into 21st century learning environments and digital literacy to the education and Science Select Committee.
- McNeill, H. N., & Callaghan, P. (2012). Tapuika Statement of Association Ōpoutihi Maunga.: Tapuika Statement of Association Ōpoutihi Maunga. Document prepared for negotiation with the Office of the Treaty Settlements.
- McNeill, H. N. (2012). The interface between technology, oral tradition, digital repository. In T. Ka'ai, M. O Laoire, N. Ostler, R. Ka'ai-Mahuta, D. Mahuta, & T. Smith (Eds.), Language Endangerment in the 21st Century: Globalisation, Technology and New Media (pp. ii-140). Auckland, New Zealand: Foundation for Endangered Languages & Te Ipukarea.
- McNeill, H. N. (2012). Nga mahi ora a Rehia - Maori Diabetes intervention programme. In Native American and Indigenous Studies Association Conference. Uncasville, Connecticut.
- McNeill, H. N. (2012). Nga mahi ora a Rehia. Te Kaharoa eJournal of Indigenous Pacific Issues, 5(1).
- McNeill, H. N. (2012). Tapuika Confiscated Interests.: Tapuika Confiscated Interests. A briefing paper prepared for the Tapuika Iwi Authority for negotiation with the Office of the Treaty Settlements.
- McNeill, H. N., & Stirling, B. (2012). Tapuika 20th Century Land Alienation: Tapuika 20th Century Land Alienation. A briefing paper prepared for the Office of the Treaty Settlements (July).
- McNeill, H. N., Stirling, B., & Taylor, B. (2012). Tapuika and the ‘Toa’ Claims: Tapuika and the ‘Toa’ Claims. A briefing paper prepared for the Office of the Treaty Settlements (July).
- McNeill, H. N., & Stirling, B. (2012). Tapuika Historic Account. An agreed draft paper prepared for the Office of the Treaty Settlement for inclusion in Tapuika Treaty Settlement legislation.
Last updated: 19-Jul-2017 8.00am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.