Dr Caryn Zinn
Phone: +64 (0) 9219999, ext 7842
Public health nutrition, sports performance nutrition, post-graduate student supervision (Masters / Doctoral).
Dr Caryn Zinn is a senior lecturer at AUT's School of Sport & Recreation. She is a New Zealand Registered Dietitian and teaches in the area of nutrition, both public health nutrition and sports performance nutrition.
Current Research Projects:
- Healthy Homework: A physical activity and nutrition intervention for children (Health Research Council)
- Developing and testing brief intervention models for promoting healthy lifestyles in primary care and workplace settings (Health Research Council)
- Effects of varying levels of protein intake on lean body mass and performance in lean weight lifters. (student supervision)
- The effect of periods at sea on seafarer’s health: Workplace health in the Shipping Industry (student supervision).
- Effects of high intensity intermittent exercise training on insulin sensitivity and metabolic control of pre-diabetic youth (student supervision).