Dr Saten Kumar
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 – ext: 5817
- Doctor of Philosophy (Economics)
- M. Com (Economics)
- Postgraduate Diploma (Economics)
- Bachelor of Education (Economics)
Memberships and Affiliations:
• Royal Economic Society
• American Economic Association
• Center for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA), ANU
Please visit www.satenkumar.com
• Intermediate Macroeconomics
• Introduction to Econometrics
• Applied Econometrics
• Macroeconomic Theory and Policy
- Monetary Economics
Saten works on macroeconomic topics, including monetary policy, price setting behavior of firms, how agents form their expectations, inflation measurement and the welfare costs of inflation. His recent work has utilized primary quantitative surveys to analyze crucial issues in the above topics. His research papers have been presented at the following conferences or institutions (among others): American Economic Association (AEA), Royal Economic Society (RES), National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System, Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ), Brookings Institution, Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA), Sveriges Riksbank, Bank of Canada, Bank of France, CES Ifo, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, Southern Economic Association (SEA), Princeton University, University of Chicago, University of California Los Angeles and University of California Berkeley.
Current Research Projects:
- Firms inflation expectations.
- Household money demand and the welfare cost of inflation.
- Price setting in alternative markets.
Please visit www.satenkumar.com for a complete list of publications:
- Coibion, Olivier., Gorodnichenko, Yuriy., and Kumar, Saten. "How Do Firms Form Their Expectations? New Survey Evidence," accepted for publication in American Economic Review.
- Kumar, Saten. (2016) “Is the U.S. Consumer Credit Asymmetric?” Scottish Journal of Political Economy, 63, pp.194-216
- Kumar, Saten., Afrouzi, Hassan., Coibion, Olivier., and Gorodnichenko, Yuriy. (2015) “Inflation Targeting Does Not Anchor Inflation Expectations: Evidence from Firms in New Zealand ,” Brookings Papers on Economic Activity , Fall Issue, pp. 151-225 (NBER Working Paper # 21814)
- Kumar, Saten. (2015) “Regional Integration, Capital Mobility and Financial Intermediation Revisited: Application of GETS Procedure in Panel Data,” Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 36, pp.1-17
- Paradiso, Antonio., Kumar, Saten., and Margani, Patricia. (2014) “Are Italian Consumer Confidence Adjustments Asymmetric? A Macroeconomic and Psychological Motives Approach ,” Journal of Economic Psychology, 43, pp.48-63
- Paradiso, Antonio., Kumar, Saten,. and Lucchetta, Marcella. (2014) “Investigating the US Consumer Credit Determinants Using Linear and Nonlinear Cointegration Techniques ,” Economic Modelling, 42, pp.20-28
- Kumar, Saten. (2014) “Money Demand Income Elasticity in Advanced and Developing Countries: New Evidence from Meta-Analysis ,” Applied Economics, 46, pp.1873-1882
- Kumar, Saten., Sen, Rahul., and Srivastava, Sadhana. (2014) “Does economic integration stimulate capital mobility? An analysis of four regional economic communities in Africa ,” Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 29, pp.33-50
- Kumar, Saten. (2013) "Financial Crisis, Taylor Rule and the Fed," Applied Economics Letters, 20, pp. 1557-1561
- Kumar, Saten., Webber, Don., and Fargher, Scott. (2013) “Money Demand Stability: A Case Study of Nigeria ,” Journal of Policy Modeling, 35, pp. 978-991
- Paradiso, Antonio., Kumar, Saten., and Rao, B. Bhaskara. (2013) “A New Keynesian IS Curve for Australia: Is it Forward Looking or Backward Looking?” Applied Economics, 45, pp.3691-3700
- Paradiso, Antonio., Kumar, Saten., and Rao, B. Bhaskara. (2013) “Growth Effects of Education in Australia ,” Applied Economics, 45, pp.3843-3852
- Kumar, Saten., Chowdhury, Mamta. and Rao, B. Bhaskara. (2013) “Demand for Money in the Selected OECD Countries: A Time Series Panel Data Approach and Structural Breaks ,” Applied Economics, 45 pp. 1767-1776
- Kumar, Saten., and Webber, Don. (2013) “Australasian Money Demand Revisited: Application of Structural Break Tests ,” Applied Economics, 45, pp. 1011 - 1025
Last updated: 09-Feb-2018 10.36am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.