Head of Department - Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6132
WD Building, Room WD410
19 St Paul Street
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
2000 PhD. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBC, Canada
1996 MASc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, UBC, Canada
1993 B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering (Dist.), TUNS, Canada
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of IEEE
- Adjunct Faculty, Department of Information Engineering, CUHK, Hong Kong
Dr. Peter Chong is currently a Professor and Head of Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand. He received the B.Eng. (with distinction) in Electrical Engineering from the Technical University of Nova Scotia, Canada, in 1993, and the M.A.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of British Columbia, Canada, in 1996 and 2000, respectively. He has visited Tohoku University, Japan, as a Visiting Scientist in 2010 and Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), Hong Kong, between 2011 and 2012. He is currently an Adjunct Faculty at the Department of Information Engineering, CUHK.
He was previously an Associate Professor (tenured) from July 2009 to April 2016 and Assistant Professor from May 2002 to June 2009 at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Between 2011 and 2013, he was an Assistant Head of Division of Communication Engineering. Between 2013 and 2016, he was a Director of Infinitus, Centre for Infocomm Technology. He was the recipient of ‘EEE Teaching Excellence Award’ and ‘Nanyang Award Excellence in Teaching’ in 2010, and ‘Nanyang Education Award (College)’ in 2015. In 2015, he became a Fellow of the Teaching Excellence Academy in NTU. From February 2001 to May 2002, he was with the Radio Communications Laboratory at Nokia Research Center, Finland. Between July 2000 and January 2001, he worked in the Advanced Networks Division at Agilent Technologies Canada Inc., Canada. He is the Co-Founder of P2 Wireless Technology based in Hong Kong.
His research interests are in the areas of mobile communications systems including radio resource management, multiple access, MANETs/VANETs, multihop cellular networks and green radio networks.
- B.Eng Tech
- B.Eng (Hons)
Wireless/mobile/cellular/sensor networks, mobile/vehicle ad hoc networks, Internet of Things/Vehicles
- Mehrnaz Afshang, Harpreet Dhillon, Peter H J Chong, “Fundamentals of Cluster-Centric Content Placement in Cache-Enabled Device-to-Device Networks,” accepted for publication in IEEE Trans Wireless Comm, March 2016.
- Mehrnaz Afshang, Harpreet Dhillon, Peter H J Chong, ‘Modeling and Performance Analysis of Clustered Device-to-Device Networks,’ accepted for publication in IEEE Trans Wireless Comm, Feb 2016.
- G. G. Md. Nawaz Ali, Peter Han Joo Chong, Syeda Khairunnesa Samantha, Edward Chan , “Efficient data dissemination in cooperative multi-RSU Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks (VANETs),” Journal of Systems and Software, Vol 117, pp. 508-527, July 2016.
- Chengbin Yang, Nishtha Panwar, Yucheng Wang, Butian Zhang, Maixian Liu, Huiting Toh, Ho Sup Yoon, Swee Chuan Tjin, Peter Han Joo Chong, Wing-Cheung Law, Chih-Kuang Chen, Ken-Tye Yong, “Biodegradable charged polyester-based vectors (BCPVs) as an efficient non-viral transfection nanoagent for gene knockdown of the BCR–ABL hybrid oncogene in a human chronic myeloid leukemia cell line,” Nanoscale, March 2016.
- Tai-Lok Cheung, Liying Hong, Nanxi Rao, Chengbin Yang, Libo Wang, Wenn Jing Lai, Peter Han Joo Chong, Wing-Cheung Law and Ken-Tye Yong, “The non-aqueous synthesis of shape controllable Cu2−xS plasmonic nanostructures in a continuous-flow millifluidic chip for the generation of photo-induced heating,” Nanoscale, Feb 2016.
- Xiaoli Xu, Praveen Kumar M. Gandhi, Yong Liang Guan, and Peter Han Joo Chong, “Two-Phase Cooperative Broadcasting Based on Batched Network Code,” IEEE Trans on Communications, Feb 2016.
- Cai Ruojun, Xuejun Li, Peter H J Chong, “A Novel Self-Checking Ad Hoc Routing Scheme against Active Black Hole Attacks,” Security and Communication Networks, Nov 2015.
- L. F. Xie, Peter. H. J. Chong, Ivan W. H. Ho, and Y. L. Guan, “A Survey of Inter-Flow Network Coding in Wireless Mesh Networks with Unicast Traffic,” Computer Networks, Vol 91, pp. 738-751, Nov. 2015.
- Cherry Aung, Boon Chong Seet, Mingyang Zhang, Ling Fu Xie, Peter Han Joo Chong, “A Review of Group Mobility Models for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Wireless Personal Communications, Volume 85, Issue 3, Page 1317-1331, July 2015.
- Ling Fu Xie and Peter Han Joo Chong, “Performance Improvement of Delay-Tolerant Networks with Mobility Control under Group Mobility,” KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol 9; Issue 6, pp. 2180-2200, June 2015.
- L. F. Xie, P. H. J. Chong, and Y. L. Guan, “Performance Analysis of Network Coding with Virtual Overhearing in Wireless Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Veh. Technol., Vol 64, No. 5, pp. 2051-2061, May 2015.
- Hongjuan Yang, Peter H. J. Chong, Weixiao Meng, Bo Li, Yongliang Guan, “Cooperative Quadrature Physical Layer Network Coding in Wireless Relay Networks,” International Journal of Communication Systems, Volume 28, Issue 1, pp. 112-126, 10 January 2015, Pages 112-126.
- Bo Li, Peter H. J. Chong, Gang Wang, Hongjuan Yang, Yongliang Guan, “Combined Orthogonal Physical-Layer Network Coding over Fading Two-Way Relay Channels,” International Journal of Communication Systems, , Volume 27, Issue 12, PP. 4265-4279, 1 December 2014.
- Ivan Wang-Hei Ho, Patrick P. Lam, Peter Han Joo Chong, and Soung Chang Liew, "Harnessing the High Bandwidth of Multi-radio Multi-channel 802.11n Mesh Networks," IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 13, Issue 2, pp. 448-456, Feb 2014.