Senior Lecturer and Course Co-ordinator for BA Minor in Spanish
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6841
Room 903, Level 9, AUT Tower, corner of Wakefield and Rutland streets, Auckland Central
- Master of Professional Language Studies in Language Teaching (MPLSLT)
- BA (Education and Spanish)
- Dipl. Bus. Adm.
- Certificate in Translation
Memberships and Affiliations:
Gloria was born and brought up in Asturias, northern Spain. At the age of 19, she went to study in England for four years then moved to NZ in 1988 and travelled widely. She enjoys family and friends, travelling, cooking and playing tennis.
- Teaching languages since 1988
- CIL Spanish
- BA Spanish Electives and Minor in Spanish
- Certificate in Business Spanish for Business
- TV Open Learning Destinos, a Spanish televised course (distance education)
- Certificate in Liaison Interpreting
- English Language teaching: General English and Training Opportunities Programme
Since 1996, she has been the Co-ordinator for the Certificate in an International Language. She has also been the Programme Co-ordinator for the BA Minor in Spanish since 2005.
Current Research Projects:
- Classroom based research in Language Teaching
- Oral Language
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Motivation in Language Teaching & Learning