Senior Lecturer - Nursing
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 7135
North Shore Campus
90 Akoranga Drive
North Shore City
Links to relevant web pages:
RN, BA, MN
Nursing with a community focus; Maori health, primary health care and population health
Racism, development of critical consciousness, Te Tiriti o Waitangi application in practice, Long term conditions
Approaches to countering institutional racism and inequity in public health policy and funding
The meaning people make of their situation, social context and relationships following a diagnosis of lymphoedema
Current Research Projects:
How do people live with a diagnosis of lymphoedema?
- Berghan, G., Came, H., Coupe, N., Doole, C., Fay, J., McCreanor, T., & Simpson, T. (2017). Te Tiriti-based health promotion practice. Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand: STIR: Stop Institutional Racism. Accessed from: https://trc.org.nz/treaty-waitangi-based-practice-health-promotion
- Came, H., Doole, C., McKenna, B., & McCreanor, T. (2017). Institutional racism in public health contracting: Findings of a nationwide survey from New Zealand (in press). Social Science and Medicine, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2017.06.002
- Came, H., McCreanor, T., Doole, C., & Simpson, T. (2016). Realising the rhetoric: Refreshing public health providers' efforts to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Ethnicity & Health, 22(2). doi:10.1080/13557858.2016.1196651
- Came, H., Rawson, E., McCreanor, T., & Doole, C. (2016). The New Zealand Health Strategy 2016: Whither health equity? New Zealand Medical Journal, 129(1447), 72-77.
- Wong, G., Tasi-Mulitao, L. -L., Hikuroa, E., & Doole, C. (2011). Thousands of nurses trained to give nicotine replacement therapy. L.O.G.I.C. Journal of the NZ College of Primary Health Care Nurses, NZNO, 10(3), 16-17.
Last updated: 01-Feb-2018 5.28pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.