Dr Gareth Allison
Senior Lecturer, Centre for Business Interdisciplinary Studies
Phone: +64 9 9219999 Extn 5083
- PhD in Marketing (Lincoln)
- Post Graduate Dip Commerce (Distinction) (Lincoln)
- LL.B (Canterbury)
- B.A in Political Science (Canterbury)
I have recently completed a PhD in Marketing at Lincoln University. I have worked in a variety of corporate roles in New Zealand, The UK and Australia. My most recent roles, before returning to study, were in e-commerce and online advertising.
In my spare time I enjoy the beach, a nice bottle of red wine and the avoidance of gardening duties.
Current Research Projects:
- Status consumption and sustainability
- Food and culture
- The mediascape and consumer socialization of children
- Allison, G. M. (2009) Pursuing status through ethical consumption? In Tojib, D (Ed) Sustainable Management and Marketing, ANZMAC Conference, Monash University, Melbourne, 30 November - 2 December, 2009.
- Hawkins, J., & Allison, G. M. (2009) Consumer socialisation of children: Exploring the influence of television programme content on children’s health knowledge, attitudes and behaviour. In Tojib, D (Ed) Sustainable Management and Marketing, ANZMAC Conference, Monash University, Melbourne, 30 November - 2 December, 2009.
- Allison, G. (2009) A Cross-Cultural Study of Motivation for Consuming Luxuries. PhD Thesis. Lincoln University.
- Allison, G., Cohen, D., and MacDonald, I. (2008) Factors motivating the consumption of luxury products: A cross-cultural study of New Zealand and Thailand. Proceedings of Academy of Marketing Conference. Aberdeen Business School, The Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Scotland, July, USB.
- Saunders, C., Allison, G., Wreford, A., and Emanuelsson, M. (2005) Food markets, Trade Risks and Trends. ARGOS research report 05/04. Agriculture Research Group on Sustainability. Lincoln.
- Saunders, C., Allison, G., and Wreford, A. (2004) Food market and trade risks. Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment. Wellington.
Last updated: 19-Feb-2016 11.44am
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.