Lecturer - Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Phone: +64 9 921 9999 ext 6623
WU Building, Level 3
Auckland University of Technology
School of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences
Private Bag 92006
Dr.-Ing., Doctor of Engineering, University of Siegen, Germany
Dipl.-Ing, University of Siegen, Germany
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Mechatronics Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Artificial Intelligence Group, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Bremen, Germany
- Institute of Real-Time Learning Systems, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Siegen, Germany
Signal Processing, Computing
Machine Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Soft Robotics
- M. Stommel and W. L. Xu. Optimal, Efficient Sequential Control of a Soft-Bodied, Peristaltic Sorting Table. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, 2015.
- M. Stommel, O. Beetz, and W. L. Xu, Model-Free Detection, Encoding, Retrieval and Visualisation of Human Poses from Kinect Data, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 865–875, 2015.
- M. Stommel, O. Herzog and W. L. Xu. Hyperplane Arrangements for the Fast Matching and Classification of Visual Landmarks. Journal of Pattern Analysis and Applications, Springer, 2014. DOI: 10.1007/s10044-014-0417-3
More publications can be found on ResearchGate.
Last updated: 24-Aug-2016 1.45pm
The information on this page was correct at time of publication. For a comprehensive overview of AUT qualifications, please refer to the Academic Calendar.